• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ernie's last ride...* * F I N I S H E D * *

Ernie's last ride...

Finshed work early this afternoon, had some sunshine and 90mins at the bench and...

...B A M ! !

h324bf8e.JPG

h663deb3.JPG

h23cbe30.JPG

h719e4d1.JPG

Rolling chassis all done.

h7e24b94.JPG

hc98b7e7.JPG

And with the bodyshell just dropped in to place to chack the 'stance', we're ready to 'go decalling' !!

Stay tuned.

Ian.

Ernie's last ride...

Coming right along Ian ... I can't wait to see the finish decals and body installed ... :ro: :dude :popcorn

Ernie's last ride...

Epic decal fail.... And this is just the first three !! :eek:hmy:

h6c9f1ab.JPG

h3f664fb.JPG

:bang head :bang head :bang head
:bang head :bang head :bang head

Ian.

Ernie's last ride...

That's a damn shame on the decals Ian I hope you have a backup plan ...   :frantic

Ernie's last ride...

Man that would be a tough surface to get any decal to lay down.

Ian you look at the orignial car (I'm sure you have) the decals are broken up by the light lens. Use that area as a break for your decals, cut away what will be in that lens area and use the scrap to clean up the breaks.

Ernie's last ride...

Good Idea, bob, there is a lot of spare coloured decal already and there's just three of them on the model. The contingency stickers will hide a huge amount aswell, Once all are in place - over several sessions - it may be that I simply need to do a little 'touch-up' painting here and there.

Here's hoping.

:idonno

Ian.

Ernie's last ride...

Ahh heck, just bash the front corner in & call it good ;) Slap some 200mph tape on it :hmmm (y)

Ernie's last ride...

...told you I wasn't going to give-up. :java

he8deb11.JPG

h7525ab6.JPG

h8f3a813.JPG

hfb48df7.JPG

h72ba0ba.JPG

Now don't get me wrong, as long as you promise to get no closer than 1m (US = 1 yard), it'll look fine, any closer and it really screams 'Decal Fail !!' - But compared to this time last week, it looks 99.9% better. Just getting the decals on in 'baby steps', I added another coat of varnish to seal in the work so far, and took these photo's as it was drying. Next session, I'll probably just add the M&M lettering and other sponsor stickers on the flanks.

AFN.

Ian.

Back