• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

E-Type jag, Scale = big.

407749-1961-JAGUAR-E-TYPE-SERIES-I-057-3.jpeg

You can see there is a panel to the left of the battery that forks the inner wheel arch, the battery is also sitting on a floor and there is a blanked panel to the right. Non of this is included in the kit so i need to add these parts before i go any further so i have a max size for the battery area.

_DSC8721.JPG

This is all you get in the kit, the battery would hover in mid air on that post with no protection to its left from the front wheel so i need to start fabricating
habe

Last edited:
What a nasty place for a battery! I guess all the stories about working on these cars are true.

So i have made a battery shelf and added the inner wheel arch shield for said battery, this gave me the size to construct a new battery that doesn't look like an elephant has sat on it.

_DSC8722.JPG

_DSC8726.JPG

_DSC8727.JPG

Once i am sure its ok with all the other parts fitted i think it will look fine when its Blue.

Some huge gaps in places, way beyond filler i think i need some plastic strips :)

yea my 67 MGB had the batteries (2) slung in a cradle under the rear bench/seat fully exposed to the weather. This means a large cable to the starter to get over the resistance because of its length but there was no room under the hood as each of the 6v batteries was almost as big as a single 12v

This is the finshed floor with added verticle parts. Not sure why the designers just ignored these parts given the under hood detail is a large part of this kit

_DSC8734.JPG

and with the engine firewall. I have checked the added parts clear the carbs on the right :)

_DSC8736.JPG

There is a temptation to clean up joins and paint but TBH the original cars were crudely welded and sprayed like this.

Way out of my comfort zone now as i need to do the interior because if i add much more the interior becomes less accessible.
I cant do anything else with the firewall because if i add more parts they will be fragile when trying to do the interior..

This is the floor pan which needs carpet, lots of compound curves and difficult shapes as the prop shaft tunnel is also carpeted

_DSC8738.JPG

and these are some of the parts that also need to be considered

_DSC8741.JPG

I have some sticky back material i bought thats intended for model cloth seats which i hope will work

Glad tanks and fighters/bombers dont have carpets :)

The battery was fully enclosed by the angled panel in the picture Paddy posted and by a panel in the hood that came down to seal against it. No weather got to that area from the wheel well.

today i had a bit of spare time
as the weather outside is a bit duff

I added a mechanism to the heater intake and some mesh, some wires to the voltage regulator and some pipes to the brake servo.

_DSC8752.JPG

really i am just delaying doing the carpet :)

Back