• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

E-Type jag, Scale = big.

Well that was easy, i sealed the decals with std MRP semi gloss clear. They soaked well, released in about 10 seconds and no sign of smudging despite being std Ink jet inks on white decal paper

_DSC8693.JPG

resolution on the decals is as good as any professional decals i have seen so a result :)

_DSC8695.JPG

Chassis bulkhead or engine bulkhead if you prefer

_DSC8699.JPG

Wiper motor built in and some other bits i need to identify.

Floor sitting on the underside

_DSC8700.JPG

Bulkhead added to the above.

_DSC8701.JPG

Is there no end to the crudity :) As i keep reminding myself, what we have here is all the basics to build something, how far you go is up to you :)
One thing for sure, this cant be done with just one can of paint. I think it will need 3 finish colour and at least 2 high gloss clear.
Not sure what i will do with the inside, i am thinking black carpet and seats with blue door cards and trim on centre consul etc but i am not sure even what material; to use. This is big scale and you could almost get away with a real carpet but it would be too thick to get it to take a shape.

Onward men into unknown territory !!

We call that a firewall Paddy, didn't realize how many things are called by so many names between our cultures.

Like you said, Paddy, you can go as far as you like on big scale kits. It would almost be a crime if ya didn't. But then again, that is entirely up to the builder. Whether it's a full-blown intense detailed build, or OOTB, we know you'll crank out a beauty, either way.;)

_DSC8719.JPG

These are the parts that go on the firewall. I can see a voltage regulator and maybe a fuel filter...but what is going on with that battery ?
Is it like that to get it out of its mould ?

_DSC8717.JPG
shopping.jpg

i think i need to address this :)

That's not a voltage regulator, it's a 4TR relay, or at least it was on mine. But being a 65 model it had an alternator, not a dynamo. And now I am bothered because I can't remember how the brake hoses were routed.

It is a voltage regulator John used in conjunction with a dynamo and incorporating a regulator/rectifier. Std it would have been positive earth but by swapping the battery leads and holding the contacts down in the Reg/Rec you could force the system into negative earth and then use a Alternator.
The 4TR was a voltage control unit used with alternators and built into later ones.

GVR4-GS.jpg

Voltage Regulators - 30 AMP 12V Blade - Replaces NCB121, NCB131, NCB133, RB340​

Back