• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

De Havilland DH88 Comet

Thanks Chris, hope it passes landing gear test. :zen

hc949aca.jpg

I said earlier in the build that I was worried about the clear part. Worry no more. Just needed to be cleaned. That's the typewriter under the glass. I'll make it a lighter color and pick out some detail so it'll pop a little better.

On these short run kits, one of the most aggravating part of the assembly is installing the landing gear .

This one is so well done though that hopefully it will be no problem .

Cheers, Christian B)

Bob, I got to tell you. I've never cared much for models presented in flight but I think this one would look very good with the canopy closed and the gear in the wells.

Of course, you might need to get Chris to fashion you a scale Mignon to sit behind the controls :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Mike, glad you're back.

Got seams filled in, need a little more polishing and restore some panel lines on the bottom. Had some big gaps there but still need to establish like on the wing root.

hce556aa.jpg

h2c7bf64.jpg

h7536a94.jpg

Looks like some work is needed on the forward wing flaring also. That was a tricky spot because that's where the pour slab was. Looks like I shaved off too much.

So they say...supposedly makes it easier to roll and pitch , exct. Great if you have three computers ( as in the f-16 ) to convince the pilot he's actually flying the thing.

It the days of stick and rudder pilots it probably mean that it needed constant management.

High wing aircraft on the other hand are very stable .

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice work so far. This is a really sleek aircraft. The Howard Hughes racer would look good next to it. Gary

Oh MAN! How many times have I looked at this.

http://www.anigrand.com/AA2041_XF-11.htm

Hughes XF-11

But I know you're talking about the Hughes H1. :pilot

I've never tried one of the Anigrand kits, maybe with my confidence up with resin I may tackle one.

Thought I had responded here. Looking real good Bob. Cant wait to see it in its livery. Should be uber cool.
James

Back