• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

De Havilland DH88 Comet

Really good Bob! Looking like an airplane now. :D

Those props look really nice and the engine and landing gear fairings are sweet! (y) I especially like those louvers in the engine nacelles.

Really good Bob! Looking like an airplane now. :D

Those props look really nice and the engine and landing gear fairings are sweet! (y) I especially like those louvers in the engine nacelles.

Those required the lease work, in the casting. :coolio

The landing light has a very prominent ring, maybe a seal on it, I painted black along the inside step and painted the inside chrome. Doesn't shine as I would like it to but I did get the seal showing.

You're restoring my faith in resin AC.

Beautiful work.

Honestly, work would not be a term I would use on this. Everything fits. The engineering is superb, level of Tamiya in ease of construction. Yes there's some clean up, hardest area to clean up is the leading edge of the wing root, I was unsure of the contours there and it looks a bit rough. Next time I'll have it more clean.

This kit is so nice I've already ordered another, going to do the red one so ya'll can tell I actually painted it. :rotf

Yeah, this one is just so GRAY. :rotf

I'm thinking you should have added a touch of Earl Gray, she looks more like Dorian Grey. B)

:D

Yeah, this one is just so GRAY. :rotf

I'm thinking you should have added a touch of Earl Gray, she looks more like Dorian Grey. B)

:D

Oops, I actually thought that was primer!! :tomato

How many of these aircraft did they make? I think I had seen a picture of a green one before.. (or maybe it was red :hmmm )

:popcorn

There were only 5 Warren. Yeah I didn't even opt for the silver one! This specific aircraft started out as the Red one, repainted this Grey and blue scheme then restored back to the Red scheme, that's the color it's sportin' now. Red, green, 2 black ones, and silver, think those were the colors of them.

Puttin' on the stickers tomorrow.

:pilot

hdae16b5.jpg

Used Dr Mikes' CA and no fogging at all.

Thanks for the comments guys. Getting really close on this.

hc75724e.jpg

I replaced the kit pitot tube with brass. I could just see me breaking the resin one off at some point. I'll have to try and mix my grey again to match. :facepalm

h86d6742.jpg

There's some racing stripes to add to the cowls, fix the props in place and apply VERY light wash. You can imagine this aircraft was in a high state of repair and would have been very clean.

Can you see the typewriter in the back seat? :rotf :pilot

Back