• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

De Havilland DH88 Comet

Okay, this how I read the thread as it appears on my screen:

(Opening paragraph, first photo) Neat idea, looks like it'll be a quick build of a different subject, exactly what I myself need to get the mojo back, Good choice MP.

(Scroll down, second photo) Resin. What the heck is he thinking? If that was me, it'd be like I took what little mojo I had, dowsed it in gasoline, lit it on fire, stamped it out and buried it in the back yard, never to be seen again. :blink

But I wish you all the luck in the world and will watch with interest. :zen

Jeff this kit is new and looks very nice. Not my first Resin aircraft, right now i'm batting .5 on them. Started two and finished one. Nice thing about this one is there are already alignment holes for parts to join (unlike other "$tate of the art" kits). She's really falling into place.

hebdb123.jpg

Black interior with a dry brush of panzer grey, or german grey...with a touch of buff. :soldier

Really diggin' this kit. Insert Tab A into slot B and create an outstanding wing root.

h2e0932c.jpg

I got Tab A pointed out, that's one piece fuselage half with the cockpit sidewall molded in. Takes a bit of trim to make it work but nothing outrageous. Might be that I didn't have the cockpit floor trimmed up close enough forward.

This is just dry fit right now.

h6ca2a61.jpg

h67c8163.jpg

Back away from the Alclad!
What color are you going with, Bob? BRG would be cool. Looks grand

BRG?

Instructions call for a silver or grey...it's a bit unknown I think.

While waiting on the grass to dry out I test fitted the wings, once again Tab A into Slot B. Had to clean the slot out, as you can imagine some resin residue was up in there not allowing the tab to insert fully. The fit is GREAT. I got one problem though, will post pictures later after I get the chores done.

Be thinking how to fill in a trailing edge, very thin!

I was hopin' you'd chime in Warren.

Looky what they got for you. :pilot

SBS7001-6.jpg

http://www.sbsmodel.com/resinsets

BRG?

Instructions call for a silver or grey...it's a bit unknown I think.

While waiting on the grass to dry out I test fitted the wings, once again Tab A into Slot B. Had to clean the slot out, as you can imagine some resin residue was up in there not allowing the tab to insert fully. The fit is GREAT. I got one problem though, will post pictures later after I get the chores done.

Be thinking how to fill in a trailing edge, very thin!

BRG British Racing Green.

Oh no, that's not this bird.

Paul there were 5 of these little babies. G-ACSS is the one I'm doing and I may be doing "Australian Anniversary", think that was the one with the typewriter. G-ACSS was originally red, then this scheme, then an army scheme and now back to red as it is today.

G-ACSR was the green one.

http://dh88.airwar1946.nl/

Who knows, this kit is going together so well I may do one or two more just for the hey of it.

h6283539.jpg

Wings just dry fitted but the fuselage is sealed up. :D

Back