• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Corsair F4U-1 white 20 - VMF 213 Guadalcanal 1943

I am really impressed with your work, Mike!

The discussion on what color to paint what is alway interesting and this one is one of the best I seen in several years...

I am looking forward to seeing more of you models.

Barney

I am really impressed with your work, Mike!

The discussion on what color to paint what is alway interesting and this one is one of the best I seen in several years...

I am looking forward to seeing more of you models.

Barney

Wow Barney!! I'm very happy for your comment. I hope this wip will interesting !!
Mike

As I have said , last day I have painted the National Insignia with Montex mask. This product is very fine, the work is some difficult, but the result is very rewarding.

Step 1
c28g9.jpg

step 2
20me0i.jpg

step3
2pqown8.jpg

step 4
soo4si.jpg

and this is the final result
2hoikus.jpg

2qbrbpi.jpg

After this phase, I have worked on the weathering effect, using the hairspray method (see my precedent posts).
Since the base coat of hairspray was sprayed some day ago, is necessary a strong action, but only after verify if with a soft brush there aren't visible effect.

The pictures illustrates better than words !!

step 1 (hard brush and hot water)
2gydm45.jpg

step 2
2z59nig.jpg

step 3
28jy98w.jpg

Now I go at my workbench for more progress....

stay tuned!!
mike

Man it seems a shame to scruff up such a fine paint job Mike but the results are going to stunning!

:popcorn :pilot

Looks very nice. I've seen the hairspray method used on armor before but never on airplanes. Will have to keep that in mind for future builds.

Hi guys, for me is the first time to apply the hairspray on a airplane. The base coat of hairspray was worked after 48 hours and was necessary an hard treatment.
The final result satisfied me.

I have sprayed a base coat of future for apply the decals and for protected the precedent work.

2v1nuci.jpg

1zea537.jpg

I muffled the hard colour of decals with diluited base varnish and replaced others scratches with little sponge.

2yngjdu.jpg

2nl5mk5.jpg

Now next step , treatment of panels with oils.

ciao
Mike

It is rare we see the hairspray technique on an aircraft, not sure why because it's so effective. Love it Mike! :notworthy

Back