• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Corsair F4U-1 white 20 - VMF 213 Guadalcanal 1943

Nice work! (y)

Better fix those oil leaks :laugh: Those might be a little dark.

Terry (y)

Absolutely no disrespect intended, Mike, but I would definitely tone down and reduce those oil leaks - they really do scream 'look at me', perhaps extend them back a wee bit into the airflow aswell. Cannot find anything else at all to say except that it's a superb build.

Ian

edit
Just noticed that Terry noticed the same thing...

Not and airplane modeler? Horse cookies!

Your work is superb.

Exactly , you're an aircraft modeler now! :pilot

Perfect example of what we're talking about on the Blinders thread. Using techniques from one genre and using in others.

Only thing I could add would be to darken the antenna wire, not sure what color you'd call them but they sure weren't white. :rotf I generally go white.

Top notch work Mike. :good: :drinks

I guys
thank you so much for many comment and suggestions, all very until and true. (y)

Terry, Ian, your suggestion is very correct, I have axaggerated to reproduce the fuel stain in dark colour. Now I correct this effect, with calm with soft brush, for don't make damage.

Moon puppy (Bob? Sorry , I don't remember your name, sorry!! :blush: ) I have doubt for the colour of antenna wire :idonno . I have search info on internet and I make question to airplane modeler. The responses are various, from steel at copper, this last is most probably. I thinking the solution and I will post the new photos.

Thank you so much!!

Mike

Moon puppy (Bob? Sorry , I don't remember your name, sorry!! :blush: ) I have doubt for the colour of antenna wire :idonno . I have search info on internet and I make question to airplane modeler. The responses are various, from steel at copper, this last is most probably. I thinking the solution and I will post the new photos.

Thank you so much!!

Mike

Yep I'm Bob. :Hiay

I think we generally just go with black. I really don't think it would be copper because it would not have held up in the corrosive environment of the Pacific.

Hi guys

I insert new photos with corrections of your suggestions. I hope which now the final version is more correct.

Your support has been precious!!!

rmval2.jpg

2rr6jnr.jpg

2ch9e8p.jpg

2yjqbkk.jpg

Now I think at new project but I haven't a idea .......mumble mumble...

bye
mike

Love it, great addition with the insulators at the attachment points of the antenna. what did you use for that Mike?

Next, how about something in one of our Campaigns?
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/current-campaigns

:notworthy

:cheer: and the correct answer to the antenna wire is :

Although I have seen several modern day restorations that have used common safety wire for their antennas stainless steel wire was not normally used in military aircraft in WWII.

Army aircraft typically had a solid wire that had a steel core for strength and copper coat on the outside for conductance. This wire was bent around wrapped on itself with a specified number of turns for terminations and splices for lead ins.

Navy aircraft used a braided antenna wire sometimes made of a phosphor bronze and could also have a cord inside for additional strength. The braided wire would be terminated with crimp type fasteners.

At any rate, it probably looked dark after a bit .

Corsair looking good (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

:cheer: and the co9rrect answer to the antenna wire is :

Although I have seen several modern day restorations that have used common safety wire for their antennas stainless steel wire was not normally used in military aircraft in WWII.

Army aircraft typically had a solid wire that had a steel core for strength and copper coat on the outside for conductance. This wire was bent around wrapped on itself with a specified number of turns for terminations and splices for lead ins.

Navy aircraft used a braided antenna wire sometimes made of a phosphor bronze and could also have a cord inside for additional strength. The braided wire would be terminated with crimp type fasteners.

At any rate, it probably looked dark after a bit .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you Christian, your answer it's very complete. (y)

Love it, great addition with the insulators at the attachment points of the antenna. what did you use for that Mike?

Next, how about something in one of our Campaigns?
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/current-campaigns

Hi Bob, for isolator I used little white glue, it's easy.

For new work, I hope to partecipate at a Campaign , there are very interesting. My new work will be not complex model , with completing time no more long. Modelling time decreases....

thank you Ian, Luiz ,MrT and all!
mike

Back