• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Corsair F4U-1 white 20 - VMF 213 Guadalcanal 1943

Hi guys thank you for your comments, :good:
Now some photos with progress...

Work around the panels, with oils. This is simply on gloss surface

245il2t.jpg

9i8xoz.jpg

The undercarriages are ready for glued on landing bays

2ic624h.jpg

I replaced the engine and guns smoke with ....Tamiya "Smoke" ...low pressure and a dilute colour ....it's very easy....

33mmlo2.jpg

This evening I hope to insert new photos....I'm working on Birdcage!!

bye
Mike

I decided to use a coat of Vallejo satin transparent , after I seen some photos of Corsair in Guadalcanal during 1943.

dp9t2p.jpg

I have eliminated the hook landing as visible on vintage photos of Corsair operative in land bases.
The doors of rear undercarriage there are not more realistic, and have repented do not replace with PE .. :bang head

90r283.jpg

Detail of undercarriage

1hxq8o.jpg

wip paint the propeller

5potj8.jpg

15nmy4n.jpg

v2v51k.jpg

I have read that the propeller blades were replaced often, so I don't reproduced weathering and scratch on them.

Good night :pilot

mike

Hi guys thank you for your comments, :good:
Now some photos with progress...

Work around the panels, with oils. This is simply on gloss surface

245il2t.jpg

9i8xoz.jpg

The undercarriages are ready for glued on landing bays

2ic624h.jpg

I replaced the engine and guns smoke with ....Tamiya "Smoke" ...low pressure and a dilute colour ....it's very easy....

33mmlo2.jpg

This evening I hope to insert new photos....I'm working on Birdcage!!

bye
Mike

Making it look easy Mike, well done sir! :notworthy :notworthy

Hi guys

new photos of work in progress. Now the birdcage is on legs!
s47was.jpg

16a5kjb.jpg

The guns are realized with hypodermic needles. It's necessary make 3 hole inside the wings for correct position the "guns".
2dbl4cw.jpg

Now I'm working to mask the canopy for paint.

soon new photos.

Bye
Mike

I agree with Bob & James wholeheartedly, but for me it's the clarity of the photographs which also make an impact.

Ian

Thank you guys!!!

Paulw , the needle are about 1 mm gauge .

Ian, to make the photos is very easy. White background, 2 light , a good camera. I have a Nikon. White balance in "manual", macro programm , all closed diaphragm and shutter-speed automatic.

Thank you Bob and James.

:pilot

Greetings
mike

Mike,

Lovely build. Your work with color and weathering is no less than artful. Simply beautiful.

Regards

Geoff

Hi Guys

now the Corsair is finished. I'm not a airplane modeler and the final can be improved. My idea was to use the tank weathering method applied on airplane. For me the experience is successful. But comments and suggestions from expert are welcome

2009np1.jpg

ix4950.jpg

29mkd4j.jpg

v6lrtv.jpg

b3v9ci.jpg

good night

mike

Back