• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Coanda-1910 - scratch built

Had another thought. What if you over spray with clear red?
James

Thanks James, worth trying :good:

Very much experimenting different things to see how it turns out. Not saving time but rather the good old trial and error process :D

Just watching Laurence, not sure if I can offer any advice.

Any ideas are always welcome MP - always worth listening to anything other fellow modellers have to say :good:

Right ... some pics to show the colors I am after, the small wing and the lower wing (primed Vallejo black, undercoat Vallejo Flesh and a coat of raw umber+ burnt sienna.

This one shows the initial color, before I was told the plane was a more reddish - mahogany like :smack

hfa1464a.JPG

This one shows the one above plus a "thicker wash" than usual with a drop of carmine red into the mix.One sweep with the brush over the color showing in the first pic, mixture like milk in texture, pretty diluted.

h0315a5e.JPG

Last one showing the lower wing. The other wing is at the back of the plane, under the fuselage for extra lift.

hbcace68.JPG

I had to rework the upper wing due to a messy piece of work prior :bang head . The steel rod was not glued properly, there was a lot of untidy bits and pieces hanging around like a bad smell :sick:

Removed it, repainted it, now it's drying nicely, will get a coat of Vallejo Steel. The elements supporting it have been cleaned thoroughly and will receive the same treatment.

Fuselage repainted to obtain the initial color then will make it turn reddish. I dare not touch it even to take a pic, that's going to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks for watching, and, as always, suggestions, opinions, criticism are most welcome :D

Thanks again fellas, appreciate it.

Next installment is just one photo - fuselage with the almost final color, engine is mounted and so is the rear wing, and the skidding thingy behind it. More to come soon I hope.

hcad2bce.JPG

More done today - fiddly little things cut to approximative size as much as I can tell from the original pics. Anyway still a long way to go, two more struts to be added, landing gear to be glued into place and the rotor / fan with 15 curved blades :blink :blink :blink plus a general cleanup (some debris there)and a nice coat of gloss finish. I watched a 1970 interview with the inventor himself and he pointed at the coffee table in front of him saying the finish was "like that" - polished shiny table that was.

Anyway, here are the pics ...

h0c704aa.JPG

hbcff537.JPG

Many thanks gentlemen, appreciate it :notworthy

One more progress pic, all 4 struts are in place now, the landing gear is glued too. Needs more painting, have corrected the rear wing hence its' absence from the pic but will be in place soon.
I still have to attach a few things but hopefully this week will be all done.

h24e6055.JPG

Back