• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMT 2017 Camaro "Fifty"

Last vehicle on worked deleoping in GM engineering when it first came out. I then went to Toyota.
I like these cars. I don't like the fact that they had to go to Holden for the idea, but they still look pretty sharp. I remember Toyota building an assembly plant somewhere in San Antonio in the 2005-2006 timeframe.

If I remember correctly the wheels are a kind of milled aluminum (definitely not chrome) with a clear coat overtop and a painted accent color on the insides…?
That sounds about right. I worked for GM up until 2013 and they were doing that kind of stuff with wheels back then as well.

I started on the chassis by getting the brake rotors and brake calipers all ready. I really wished there were some "Camaro" scripts for the calipers as they are going to be extremely visible through the wheels. But...that's that and they aint there so....moving on now.

I also started the aluminum shielding for the exhaust painting and I'll be touching up the chassis in areas that didn't get adequate coverage/ overspray/ or totally missed in the days coming.

D9GKK5.jpg

Back