• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMT 1970-1/2 Z/28 Finished-12/30

Thanks for the laughs and comments fellas!! I did cut that fourth pedal length down as I thought it was entirely too long to begin with.

What channel is that Radio on ? :cool: American cars are so different from anything we had over here these threads are always really interesting. I think the nearest we had was the interceptor with 440 cu in (7.2 L) Chrysler V8 (1971-1976)

View attachment 152680
THAT..............had a 440?? WOW!! I can see that thing being a screamer!!

REally nice touches, keys are a nice touch.
Seat belts? Gotta think about safety. :popcorn
Thanks Bob!! The seat belts in this one are of a crossover design. There are shoulder belts that were tucked up in the headliner in the front otherwise I would've laid some belts in there.

Thanks Bob!! The seat belts in this one are of a crossover design. There are shoulder belts that were tucked up in the headliner in the front otherwise I would've laid some belts in there.
I do remember the optional drop down shoulder belt, once you got it out of the holder you could never get it back in.

right you are, looking great!

Jeez....has it really been two weeks since I've been here? Hang with me gang. Busy as hell these days.

Next step......wheels and tires. As you can see in the comparison photo below, molded tire lettering removal in progress and the replacement logo decals below...

and then after the molded lettering removal and decal application. These are now ready for the dullcoat treatment.

Guys I apologize for absence. It has been crazy here lately. Lost the A/C last Sunday and just got it all back up and running Friday. Since then I've been busy on house projects and getting my 406 prepped for reinstall into my truck. Crazy couple of weeks but looks like we're back onto a good road here.

Here's with the body prepped, primed and the color shot on. We'll be going with Cranberry Red from MCW finishes.

spacer.png

Here's with the stripe decals applied. Working on the display settings on the camera to improve upon the correct shade of red in pictures.

Here's after I'd been playing around with the exposure setting on the camera in order to bring out the correct shade of red that this Cranberry Red actually is.
Got the gloss / clear coat applied. I'm very happy with this.
After letting this gas out for a couple of days, I hit the body with some fine sanding paper and some polish....

Hang with me fellas. Since I got hired into the client company in August, my time on the forums as well as the bench has been affected. Hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year.

I'll be resuming progress on this one shortly.....I promise!!!!

You lucky DOG!! I'm looking for one of these cars right now to drop that 406 of mine into.

Thanks and I remember those days too. I was spying a 72 Camaro for my first car when my dad stopped the whole deal after he found out what was under the hood. lol
That happened to me also, I was looking at getting a 73 Cuda with 340/4 speed when dad said he would not cosign the loan for the car.
Ended up getting a 73 chevy half ton, four wheel drive.
When I got in the service I bought a 71 vette, 350/automatic. Chick Magnet!!!!

Back