• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Beware the Mephistopheles FINISHED

Well one thing i have found is my adjustable soldering iron is not adjusting :) although the light goes dim when you turn it down the iron just stays red hot which explains a lot of my problems.
The problem i had Paul was the pin i need to "squash" is 0.5mm or 0.012" so it goes from melting to not, in a degree C or so as there is no heat sink. Coupled with it being so small and only proud of the link by a few thou its incredibly hard to even hit the pin and not the link.
Looking at the other on line builds I'm pleased to say in a selfish way , every one else had problems as well ;-)

Thats a good idea Saul, it may come to that but for now i have ordered a couple of replacement chains which are up grades for a 1/6 Tamiya motorcycles and i just happen to have a couple of those i bought cheap so its not a huge risk if it doesnt work as i can use them on the bikes if no good for this.

This was an unexpected expense but having got to the final stage with this car its been worth it. How does Italeri feel about Tamiya coming to the rescue with one of their top of the range kits :) Probably best not to ask.

_DSC6009.JPG

This is essentially the same thing as the Italeri chain but crucially its snap together. It took me 6 hours to assemble because time spent cleaning up each of the 300+parts is essential if you want these parts to assemble freely.

_DSC6004.JPG

Anyone choosing to do this with their build please note, Paint the parts before assembly as i have ,and make sure , although the car is 1/12, you buy 1/6 chain as the original car chain is much heavier than original motorcycle chain.

:cool:

It would stand to reason there was a fare amount of clean up between races so oil and grime may not be that evident, well at least that would be my excuse.
Paddy let's grab something to test your grimy skills, you don a remarkable job on weathering you shouldn't let it hold you back.

I forgot to ask if those were Smiths instruments :dance:I did but carry on! 🏎️

Last edited:
Thanks guys
If anyone wonders why the hood doesnt shut at the front in the first pictures its the ignition leads, i think the wire i used is a bit to strong once its in bunches,

Thanks guys
If anyone wonders why the hood doesnt shut at the front in the first pictures its the ignition leads, i think the wire i used is a bit to strong once its in bunches,
I've run into the same issue with WnW Junkers J.1, leave it open and no one will say a word.

Good save on the drive chains! Another outstanding build of an not-so-easy-to build vintage model kit!
Jolly Good! :tens:

What a beautiful build /weathering....Top!!!
1673353665112.png

If you photograph this outdoors with the right back ground it will look real.

I dunno if I'd worry much about the grime and all. With all the details and the way this whole build looks overall, I'd say you have all the bases covered Paddy. IMO it's got just the right amount of wear and tear. This one's dang near in the perfection realm bro.

Back