• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

88mm FlaK 18 - 7th Update

Kreighshoer

well - let's see if this build will reach any stage beyond the datepic. *sigh*

Boxart.jpg

unbuiltkit1.jpg

unbuiltkit2.jpg

that first build ... hmmmm ... well, i made some severe mistakes back then in 2008, but i didn't have the necessary reference at hand back then - the Rb1f indirect fire sight is not covered but it should be covered when on transport and when deployed for direct fire ... it's located on top of the recuperator. additionally, the handles on the winch on the 201 limber unit were folded down while on transport. brml!

whatever - mistakes are to be made but not to be repeated and i won't repeat that blunder!

here's the pic that i will try to reproduce without the cavalry soldier (me and a diorama - ha!ha!ha!):

[hide]
Mont-Caubert_jpeg.jpg
[/hide]
(DeSisto, Frank V.: German Artillery At War 1939-45 Vol.2 - HongKong: Concord Publishing Company, 2008. - Page 24)

please note: RHS cable reel empty, no splinter shield, Rb1f covered!

the pic was taken most probably on june 4th or 5th 1940 at Mont Caubert - the destroyed tank to the left is char n°403 "Crecy Au Mont" (destroyed june 4th)

-> http://www.chars-francais.net/new/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=200

well, i started ... lots of knock out marks to be cleaned off, lots to be filled and sanded but i knew what was waiting for me and i really love this kit although the molds have seen better days.

first funky encounter was when i had to cut away the first crucial part (sic!) ... tziiiinnnnnggg it made and dissapeared without any trace ...

at first i was like

louis.jpg

then i was like

GMTarkinLaughing.gif

then i was like

ringu_sadako_on_the_floor2.jpg

and found the dirty, rotten part and glued it in place!

afv-club left out some smaller details that i added with leftovers from my voyager pe (hex nuts), length of styrene and wire (still has to be shortened), also the covered Rb1f sight from the dml FlaK36 kit was added ...

TalkTalk - Such A Shame

cradle1.jpg

cradle2.jpg

cradle3.jpg

:soldier

Back