• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

88mm FlaK 18 - 7th Update

first day of my short vacations and this is the latest development - still some filling and sanding to do, still some booh boohs to correct but slowly i'm getting there ...

no more mojo left for today - it's 91°F here and campari on ice in the garden's calling!
c055.gif

Focus - Hocus Pocus (progressive rock at it's finest! hey ron - they're dutch!)

cruciform1.jpg

cruciform2.jpg

gun1~0.jpg

gun2~0.jpg

:soldier

That's some jaw dropping work on the 'Acht Acht',Laura! (y)

[love that focus song as well,gotta love Jan Akkermans guitar playing]

Greetings,Ron.

i'm done with the construction - still to do before priming: filling and sanding, isolating wheels

File Not Found - Schwarz

you may notice that i left out the strip that holds the cable on the reel ... well, it didn't fit, i added too much wire! :blush:

bogeys.jpg

priming and black basecoat were done yesterday, two layers of grey today - this time i decided to use blueish grey again. tamiya german grey, darkened with black and a little bit of blue for the first coat, plain tamiya german grey with blue for the second coat.

much to my displeasure i noticed some uncovered spots on the bogies (bogies, not bogeys like i wrote in my last update ... or humphreys like i could have written instead! :blush: )

Feindflug - Kahle Bedrohung

basicpainting5.jpg

basicpainting4.jpg

basicpainting3.jpg

basicpainting2.jpg

basicpainting1.jpg

next stop - touch ups, detail painting and a wash with dark brown ...

Back