• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY CAMPAIGN

It changed a while back Doc...now it's just build something to the very best if your ability and care...

Oh, ok. Thanks guys. I probably missed it in the Posts.

I will think of something. Should not be hard neither take too much time, since my abilities are sooo restricted... :D :D

Have a nice Weekend everyone

Cheers

Alex

I like this so I spent some time trying to figure what My first subject was, I've only been Here for 6 years. But My 1st model I posted was ....

hb390107.JPG

This here Train that I was Building (WIP) ..... and some Ork Tank busters, I made & painted. It went on back shelf still in the shape it was, I used a Tsunami 750 sound chip and it just were't right .... But I started another Shay Much Improved over this one I think I have a post of that one called Backwoods Shay .... But like I say Mom & Stepdad & life got in the way .... I also did some Orks & The Ork Bomber converted to a Ork Colonial Viper project .....

I finished these above Orks ....The viper was just like this .... My AMS needed inspiration ....

h93c0674.JPG

hc6ae7b7.JPG

So I'd like to finish these two and maybe some more sheveled projects ....

Maybe do a side by side build of the two different Shays ....

h4846c65.jpg

I think I've finally committed on a build. I've got a couple parts/decals enroute that should be here this week...so I should have a post up soon.

I'm nervous. I suspect this is going to be a massive undertaking for me...it's not my typical era and will be a first for this scale. I hope I don't butcher it too badly (greatest fear). But hey, gotta step out of the boundaries now and again.

Just got my 2 week temp layoff notice. I guess I may have a chance to start tearing into the beastie here very shortly.

Chris I'll be praying for you that it truly is a temporary layoff. Meanwhile, at least you'll have some spare time to work on this.

It is just temporary. We've been rotating staff 2 or 3 weeks on, 2 or 3 weeks off while we wait for work to pick back up (which we have a couple big projects getting started between now and July 1st) so everyone can keep their med & vacation benefits...which would otherwise drop and reset after 30 days. So basically we are gaming the company system for the greater good of as many of our peeps as we can until things settle back to normal. I've just been fortunate that I dodged my last time off when the client wanted a schedule and was willing to pay for me to be there on a different work order, direct to his project, than the overhead number I typically charge to. My release papers have a report back no later than 29Jun20.

So it's all good.....I'd just rather be working for full paychecks.....so I can buy more stuff I don't have time to build. :lol:

I'm still sitting on a bunch of OT & tax return money from earlier this year, so being a little short with the unemployment won't be a huge concern.

Project Controls (Project Schedule Lead) for an industrial sub-contractor at a local oil refinery. We do a lot of the maintenance and small capital projects to keep the refinery running staying current with the times.

Back