• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/96 scale USS Constitution build.

Spent the better part of three days working on getting all of the main mast's yards on. Still have several lines to add to them. After these are rigged, I'll only have the three yards of the mizzen mast, and it's spanker booms left. Then it's on to the remainder of the ship's boats as well as a few more odds, and ends. Even as careful as I've been while rigging, the model is fragile, and taken a beating. A lot of time has been spent repairing, and touching up paint. I figure there's roughly six more months of work on the ship to completion. Then it's on to the diorama, and display case. INSANE!
20231009_174325.jpg
20231009_174532.jpg

I figured out it was easier to start at the bottom and run the lines up onto the mast and tie them up where there was room rather than tie at the top and run the lines down where there was no room.
Yes it is quite delicate. I ended up with most of the second deck guns getting popped loose and regluing them through the hole with globs of tube glue to the deck.

I figured out it was easier to start at the bottom and run the lines up onto the mast and tie them up where there was room rather than tie at the top and run the lines down where there was no room.
Yes it is quite delicate. I ended up with most of the second deck guns getting popped loose and regluing them through the hole with globs of tube glue to the deck.
Tying the lines to the belaying pins on deck has proven to be the most difficult part. I've made a couple of tools that help.

Back