• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USS TEXAS build.

I love this so much and for so many reasons. I am in awe. What size is the foul line? Would it be the same size on my Missouri?

No pin washes? :doh:
No shading? :hmm:
No dry-brushing every little detail to make it pop?:blink
It is a hard driven crew indeed, that keeps a Battlewagon like this in such pristine shape, after just 34 years of Naval service!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
She's beautiful! I'm just pulling your (anchor) chain!
I'm a weathering slacker...lol

I love this so much and for so many reasons. I am in awe. What size is the foul line? Would it be the same size on my Missouri?
Thanks Greg.
On Texas I did mine to look somewhere aroun 6'. It's about an 1/8 of an inch. I did read the Missouri, when launched was 3'to 4'. The widths varied from peacetime to wartime. Wartime widths could be 6' to 8'.

The Battleship Texas build is finished.
I made the stand high, as the case is rather large to display a set of blueprints of the ship along with other USS Texas memorabilia.
20240211_173845.jpg
20240211_173718.jpg
20240211_173804.jpg
20240211_173504.jpg
20240211_173553.jpg
20240211_174009.jpg
20240211_174321.jpg

Man, what an inspiration. Tim, this is truly gorgeous. I love everything about this and it was a joy to follow the journey. I hope you are proud of it, because you should be. Congratulations. :Drinks:

Thanks Greg. When I find a nice set of flags I'll add them as well.
Did it come with the paper ones? If not, I have those. I can't say they are "nice", they are just printed paper, but it's nice paper LOL. They are yours if you want them. I expect you are looking for something a little more special.

Did it come with the paper ones? If not, I have those. I can't say they are "nice", they are just printed paper, but it's nice paper LOL. They are yours if you want them. I expect you are looking for something a little more special.
It came with a minimal water decal sheet. No Union Jack flag, and only one set of numbers for either the bow or stern. Texas had numbers on both. I'm also wanting signal flags for the mast's.
Thanks for offering though, Greg!

Thank Heaven you didn't photograph Her inverted at this stage. That picture blew my addled mind! Inadequate decals suck.
gatorsmask@yahoo.com
I know a guy that makes decals for model ships, odd water towers, other stuff...................

Thank Heaven you didn't photograph Her inverted at this stage. That picture blew my addled mind! Inadequate decals suck.
gatorsmask@yahoo.com
I know a guy that makes decals for model ships, odd water towers, other stuff...................
I ordered a set last night. We'll see what they look like when I get them. Thanks for the link Rhino. I'll check him out!

Stunning piece of work Tim, more than just a build, a labour of love.

As i looked at the last picture i honestly didn't thing of DiCaprio and Winslet :)

Back