• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/96 scale USS Constitution build.

:wow::notworthy :notworthy Just beautiful work on this old kit. I love the wood tones inside the deck boats and the way they contrast with the deck and rigging. The whole thing is just wonderful and a great fix on the original kit.

Last edited:
:wow::notworthynotworthy Just beautiful work on this old kit. I love the wood tones inside the deck boats and the way they contrast with the deck and rigging. The whole thing is just wonderful and a great fix on the original kit.
Thanks Ian! I'm going to add the third boat to the midship chocks. My original thought for the diorama was to display that boat along side, in the water. However for that to be right the midship rails would've been removed, and the lower main yard would be swung out because it is what was used to lower those boats over the side.

Added the foremast yard's braces and the stern boat davits.
20240302_183838.jpg
20240302_183523.jpg
20240302_184649.jpg

It's really getting crowded and tight around the belaying pins. I need 10 inch tweezers.
I bet! Long gator forceps I'll wager.

A man can almost hear the water lapping at her hull.
The rocking of her heavy wooden hull with the long swell.
The scent of fresh wood under naked feet after holy-stoning.
The creak of the mooring and spring lines as She tugs against them.
Her longing for a cup full of wind and a breath of open sea She knows so well.

A grand vessel built by men to demonstrate how small, one man. How great, a crew of many.
Both, insignificant alone. Combined; swift, agile, fierce. then too, graceful, majestic, romantic, hushed.

"Wheel full and by, well she'll smell her road alone tonight.
Sick She is and harbor sick. Sick to clear the land..........
......oh we're bound for Mother Carey where she feeds her chicks at sea".
Your stunning model puts me in mind of this old song and others like it every time I view her.
It's a Royal Navy song, but still..........

It's really getting crowded and tight around the belaying pins. I need 10 inch tweezers.
That is why I suggested starting at the bottom with the lines (if you can) and running them up to where they go in the masts. You have a lot more room upstairs than at deck level.

The rigging is looking amazing Tim.

Back