• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/96 scale USS Constitution build.

The gig boat done and hung on the stern davits.
20240330_185127.jpg

This build is SO COOL! I remember doing this kit back when I was 13 or 14 for some friends of my parents. With "ALL" the sails it was huge and took up a ridiculous amount of space. Seems like it was 16 or 18 inches wide with the sails all loaded out. I really like all the little details you have been doing and the rope hanks are over the top.

This build is SO COOL! I remember doing this kit back when I was 13 or 14 for some friends of my parents. With "ALL" the sails it was huge and took up a ridiculous amount of space. Seems like it was 16 or 18 inches wide with the sails all loaded out. I really like all the little details you have been doing and the rope hanks are over the top.
It is big. My workbench is only about 2 ft deep. The model is 3 ft. I've bent the flying jib boom turning it around more than once.

This has to be one of the best versions of this model ever built. It's a stunner and show winner. Like Bob said, "looks like a movie set".

Back