• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 F-14A VF-111 (2024 MMM)

helios

Fine Molds kit. I still need to grab a pic of the box & sprues.....but I started fiddling with it as soon as I pulled pieces out of the box. :smack:
I'm more that a little surprised I've have not built a F-14 yet since rejoining the hobby...or a Prowler for that matter. Time to fix that. Hopefully I can get this done by the end of the month.....but I probably bit off a bit more than I can chew.....again.

Box and sprues.

Initial pics of the in process pit.

Last edited:
Go for it Chris!

Git-r-Done - 250.jpg

I thought about doing ZM's 1/72 Ho229, but it is almost as busy as the 1/32nd scale kit. I also had a Fine Molds Me410 single seat fighter kit, but they didn't add in a corrected canopy, so I decided not to attempt making a corrected canopy within the 1 month time frame.

Reasonable cans for the kit...the prominent seams are a bit of a let down. With the fit of a lot of the other parts, I was expecting a bit better.

Multipiece intake fans...something I've not even found in larger scales out of the box yet.

Variable intake ramps.

Starting to take on the Tomcat shape.

Snort would like it!
I wanted to check on you the other day. Having built so many classic (bad-fitting) vintage kits, and built them well. I was concerned you might be anxious about this cool model. :lol::lol:

Snort would like it!
I wanted to check on you the other day. Having built so many classic (bad-fitting) vintage kits, and built them well. I was concerned you might be anxious about this cool model. :lol::lol:
I do feel a bit out of sorts. But this thing has a lot of pieces. So I don’t feel too out of place. It’s kinda like a mini Z-M kit.

Twy not to be a-skeered! Wots of teeny bitsies gluing some up, is Otay. I will twy not woowie-ing at you too mush!

Back