• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lightning - Build #1 * *DONE* *

Lightning - Build #1

Saturday afternoon and mein Frau und die kleine Schturmtroopen are out on some sort of adventure, result, I've got the place to myself...

hcd80d6e.jpg

ha9f83e1.jpg

he958332.jpg

Virtually no touch-ups needed and just the nose ring and anti-glare panel to paint. Not sure that I could be any happier with how it looks !
:yipee

Comments, crits and questions welcomed as usual. AFN

Ian.

h6b42d3e_2018-09-07.jpg

Lightning - Build #1

Sort of a non-update, well not one with pictures ! - Yesterday I brushed two light coats of Klear / Future / Pledge to protect the finish. Next will be a 'Flory Wash' into the panel lines followed by another Klear coat then the decals.

Holding my breath as this is where it could all go [very] wrong.

:unsure:

Ian.

Lightning - Build #1

Yep! I know how wrong it could go. Still, I think you can nail it. Good luck; I look forward to seeing the results.

Lightning - Build #1

Thank you Mark, in the meantime, check this out:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235043491-airfix-148-lightning-f6-qra/

Posted on to Britmodeller yesterday. I think it's bl**dy marvelous.

Ian.

Lightning - Build #1

Wash worked-out fine.

hf681930.jpg

h2859513.jpg

hca88642.jpg

Mixed Flory 'Light Dirt' with their new formula 'Dark Dirt' which has a hint of red-brown in it. Looks about right, I think, last thing I wanted was for the model to look like a flying diagram !

Decals next week, work permitting !

Ian.

Lightning - Build #1

Beautiful job! That wash does make this pop. I love the subtle yet enhancing effect of the wash.

Lightning - Build #1

Kit & Aeroclub decals applied

hb687def.jpg

h5e42780.jpg

h8910613.jpg

These are the last photos you'll see before final assembly and final reveal. Please wish me luck as if there is such a thing as 'Murphy's Law' then it will almost certainly manifest itself over the next couple of sessions !!
:(

Thanks for the support on the way everyone up until now I've enjoyed every moment of this one, going to really take my time with the finishing as this will almost certainly be the last time I build a 1:48 Lightning, and 'need' this to be right. As ever any comments, criticism or questions welcomed.

AFN

Ian.

Lightning - Build #1

That looks fabulous! I know what you mean about Murphy's Law; it strikes me all the time. Good luck; I'm confident you'll pull it off.

'tis done:

h44c059b_2018-09-26.jpg

Few more pics in the 'completed builds' section. As ever thanks for the support during the build, always, always appreciated. Not even put this one into the cabinet, it's gone straight into the office in the 'Pride of Place' position !!

Feel free as ever to question, comment and / or criticise.

AFN, think I'll get the Ferrari done next, then build a tank !

Ian.

h6b42d3e_2018-09-26.jpg

Back