• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 P-38M "M" for madness

Chuck and Christian, thanks for stopping by ! I used good ol' Testers rattle can gloss black. Not exactly sure about the rest. The is a guy on LSP that just painted a 110 night fighter with black greenish blue and some other colors and it turned out awesome. I'm trying to find out how he did it. But yes, its getting close to painting..........Harv

READY FOR PAINT !
Ok, first step...I applied liberal amounts of Hawkeye's Aluminum powder on gondola sides, top wing walk areas and a little on engine cover sides. I'll let this "cure" over night then tomorrow I'll seal with some Fixiatif spray. Next will be tapping everything up. I still have to mask more of the clear stuff also........Harv

100_4418_zps85b0aee6.jpg

100_4420_zpsc0cc99c8.jpg

100_4419_zps25ffc818.jpg

I sure wish I had grabbed some of that stuff before they went out of business. Harv it's looking great (y)

Its been a fun ride so far, at least most of the time. But, yes, I'll be glad when its done, so I can move on to a new adventure. I think I'll build my F4B-4. Much simpler...........Harv

Yes it is. I have a LONE STAR resin pit for it and Yellow Wings decal. Trying to save enough for the VECTOR engine and cowling set

Had to search all over to find my weapon of choice , but did find it
100_4423_zps122ea1ad.jpg

So now starts the stuffing. Little pieces will go into smaller openings.
100_4424_zps7c26c63e.jpg

Still need to figure out a plan for the pits. Thanks for tagging along all......Harv :P

Small update: This "little" job burned up almost 2.5 hrs. this morning. Masking small stuff, especially with glasses that are no longer in focus because of the surgery . But its done and I can start on masking off the pit. The last pic is just an over view of all the tape !. Thanks for looking in............Harv

100_4425_zpse6ee1162.jpg

100_4426_zps1b6e51b5.jpg

Back