• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 P-38M "M" for madness

Bob, you could still finish it and beat me !LOL
And what era were you from? Oh thats right, they did fly in the early 50's......Harv

One more pic. Got lucky with the camera ! Outer wings, flaps and ailerons installed. Also the dive flaps. These are kit PE, rather thick but ok. And the lower flaps on the engines are in. Trying to get the radiator doors on today. Wish me luck ! More to follow later.............Harv

100_4282.jpg

Glad you like her ! Woking on coloring the main wheels. I think they look good. No pics yet, still waiting for a charger for the camera.....Harv

Borrowed a camera and here is a couple of quick pics of main wheels/tires. What do you all think ? Passable ?..............Harv

100_4283.jpg

100_4284.jpg

YEA, the camera is charged ! Small update. The panels in front of turbo are going on. Very good fit ( for a change !) I have left them off because I could not figure how to install then and add turbos later after painting. I trimmed the front "prongs" on turbo so now it will slip in easily. One more prob solved ! Getting there...........Harv

100_4289.jpg

New post ! I was trying to figure out what to do my gun barrels. Paint is the obvious was, but not real enough. So I thought to my self, Self, what makes barrels real looking ? Blueing, it does ! So thats what I did. Used blueing liquid on my brass barrels. And it works ! I'm very excited about this. So anyone with AM brass barrels, one more option. Thanks, Harv

100_4348.jpg

Here is a couple pics I took today just to show I have been working on it. Put all the little thingies back in the got broken of or smashed in the pit while handling it. And 1 more overall pic just for the heck of it. Enjoy...........Harv

100_4349.jpg

100_4350.jpg

Back