• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Zero * * F I N I S H E D * *

(y) (y)

What paint did you use for the roudels? I am rebuilding a 1/32 zero that I will have to do the same for.

What paint did you use for the roudels? I am rebuilding a 1/32 zero that I will have to do the same for.

Dave, I used Humbrol 19 with a little red-brown added just to take the edge off it. I'd recommend mixing more than you think you'll need, because running-out and trying to get the exact match again is a real PitA !!

Ian.

What circle cutter did you use for the meatball masks?

hfe77555.jpg

Entry-level Olfa cutter, had mine for around 12 years, since I really got in to Japanese WWII aircraft and only changed the blade once in all that time. Highly recommended, Mike.

Ian.

Entry-level Olfa cutter, had mine for around 12 years, since I really got in to Japanese WWII aircraft and only changed the blade once in all that time. Highly recommended, Mike.

Ian.

I think I have one of those, or at least a very similar one!

Thanks!
Mike

Kit - Hasegawa 1:48 A6M3
Paint - All enamels
Decals - Aeromaster & kit
Extras - Ultracast resin seat. All major markings masked & sprayed.

Mitsubishi A6M3 'Zero'
Tainan Air Group
Late 1942

he8ce011.jpg

hca4b53f.jpg

h0caedc9.jpg

ha4ea0eb.jpg

hd4fa730.jpg

h68a0325.jpg

h21c3a87.jpg

As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment. All for now, going to try and get the F-5 finished over the next two weeks and slowly work on the Ju88 in the background.

Ian.
Awesome finish

Kit - Hasegawa 1:48 A6M3
Paint - All enamels
Decals - Aeromaster & kit
Extras - Ultracast resin seat. All major markings masked & sprayed.

Mitsubishi A6M3 'Zero'
Tainan Air Group
Late 1942

he8ce011.jpg

hca4b53f.jpg

h0caedc9.jpg

ha4ea0eb.jpg

hd4fa730.jpg

h68a0325.jpg

h21c3a87.jpg

As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment. All for now, going to try and get the F-5 finished over the next two weeks and slowly work on the Ju88 in the background.

Ian.
Awesome finish

I agree! Great job Ian!

Back