• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mirage IIIO * * F I N I S H E D * *

Mirage IIIO - On finals

Looking very nice but I'm having a time adjusting to the fact that it does not have the upper wing cocarde .

Cheers, Christian B)

Mirage IIIO - On finals

:hmmm :hmmm A real thing of beauty. Very nicely done (y) (y) Excuse me, & please correct me if I am wrong but, Aren't there suppose to be canards on the Mirage just like on the Kfir? :idonno :unsure:

Mirage IIIO - On finals

I'm having a time adjusting to the fact that it does not have the upper wing cocarde

Another unique thing with the Ozzie Mirages... :idonno dunno why, also you'll see there's virtually no stencilling anywhere on the airframe - not me being lazy they just aren't there !!

Ian.

Mirage IIIO - On finals

[quote="Hippy Ed" post=258814... please correct me if I am wrong but, Aren't there suppose to be canards on the Mirage just like on the Kfir? [/quote]

No, Ed, AMD did test a set of 'moustache's' on both a V and a IIIR, but they were far forward ahead of the nose-fear bay. The modification was never adopted.

Very late in their operational lives, Chile added the same IAI canards on to their Mirage V's - it was called the Pantera 50C, Atlas in South Africa produced a hybrid Kfir C7/Mirage IIIE called the Cheetah with canards aswell.

HTH

Ian.

Mirage IIIO - On finals

[quote="Hippy Ed" post=258814... please correct me if I am wrong but, Aren't there suppose to be canards on the Mirage just like on the Kfir?

No, Ed, AMD did test a set of 'moustache's' on both a V and a IIIR, but they were far forward ahead of the nose-fear bay. The modification was never adopted.

Very late in their operational lives, Chile added the same IAI canards on to their Mirage V's - it was called the Pantera 50C, Atlas in South Africa produced a hybrid Kfir C7/Mirage IIIE called the Cheetah with canards aswell.

HTH

Ian.
[/quote]

Thanks for the explanation. :drinks

Mirage IIIO - On finals

"Butterworth, Malaysia"? Obviously a name held over from colonial times... :blink

Fantastic build Ian, I'm sure it'll be well received when you take it to shows. :notworthy

Mirage IIIO - On finals

I'm having a time adjusting to the fact that it does not have the upper wing cocarde

Another unique thing with the Ozzie Mirages... :idonno dunno why, also you'll see there's virtually no stencilling anywhere on the airframe - not me being lazy they just aren't there !!

Ian.

To me, It just makes the bird appear look more sleek .

Cheers, Christian B)

It's tough to tell from your pics, but do you have the "96" on the nose gear door?

No matey, it wasn't on the sheet and of course I have no decals in that size and in that 'font' to make them. I may use some from an RAF serial, that font style is close enough.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments, I never take them for granted and really do appreciate them.

AFN

Ian.

If need be, I can send you some. My number sheet is generic (I could literally build any Mirage that served in Australia), so I've got multiple lines of 0-9. And since I'm doing 78...I could even just pull them off the one line set I'm using for mine.

If need be, I can send you some. My number sheet is generic (I could literally build any Mirage that served in Australia), so I've got multiple lines of 0-9. And since I'm doing 78...I could even just pull them off the one line set I'm using for mine.

That would be fantastic, thank you. PM on the way.

Ian.

Back