• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Workshop/Marquee Finished. Updated Dec. 19th, 2017

A Dual Project Updated November 15th, 2016

Looking impressive!...beautiful work (y)

Luiz.
What he said :D

Thanks Dave, how are things going down there?

Bob
Its the busy time of year Its not just Xmas but the annual summer holidays in SA in December so a lot to do before the new year starts

I have a half dozen friends in the southern hemisphere. It has always blown my mind when they celebrate Christmas in the hot summer! I once spent Christmas week in the Bahamas, about as close as i'll get!

Geesh I go off planet for a few, and look at your progress. It's looking better-n-better. The red velvet is going to be a great addition. Say, you are going to spray Alclad behind each light bulb aren't you? :rotf
Well off to sit here and await the next message.

Model...er...Build On :good:

Looking impressive!...beautiful work (y)

Luiz.
What he said :D

Thanks Dave, how are things going down there?

Bob
Its the busy time of year Its not just Xmas but the annual summer holidays in SA in December so a lot to do before the new year starts

I have a half dozen friends in the southern hemisphere. It has always blown my mind when they celebrate Christmas in the hot summer! I once spent Christmas week in the Bahamas, about as close as i'll get!
It is great as a kid when you have 6 to 7 weeks holiday around Xmas time though

Geesh I go off planet for a few, and look at your progress. It's looking better-n-better. The red velvet is going to be a great addition. Say, you are going to spray Alclad behind each light bulb aren't you? :rotf

Thanks Prop Duster,

Actually, it is a scale model, 1/6th scale, it just not plastic! :yipee

Got some more done! I was finally able to bring it down to my modeling room. Finished the base coat and ready to begin the patina and antiquing. Note the Lucite translucent panels are setting in place as well as the large wooden supports. The Marquee is upside down on the bench.

gg_zpsu5eqzhda.jpg

Other views.

ggg_zpsy20amzx4~0.jpg

gggg_zps5xyrtn45.jpg

The wiring and L.E.D. light fixtures are in place over the door. They will light the backlighting for the marquee through the lucite panels. They are operated from a wall switch which will also work the 400 miniature alternating flasher lights.

ggggggg_zps3irsdmrx.jpg

Of course, I had to add the obligatory popcorn trolley!

gggggg_zpsrmnd1nxs.jpg

And, finally, the backlighting lit up!

ggggg_zpsizgfmi8e.jpg

It should move along quickly now! Hopefully by the end of the first week in December! Then, back to the bench and some armor!

A Dual Project Updated November 26th, 2016

Oh man I better win the lotto so I can come and visit you guys

That looks absalutely fantastic or I should really say MANTASTIC!!!

Oh man I better win the lotto so I can come and visit you guys

That looks absalutely fantastic or I should really say MANTASTIC!!!

Hey Dave,

Here's wishing you luck on that Lotto!! I'd love to have you visit!!!

Bob

An English friend of mine did a photoshop job on that first photo, inverted it, cut out the background ao you can see it right side up! Remember, the bottom will be dark red velvet over foam rubber and button tufted with brass buttons.

All the lucite will have a black grid covering it, and the sides will have the "Now Playing" movies in black lettering!

Marquee_zps6tcrdsvf.jpg

Bob

:frantic This is So Exciting :good:

Gonna be a hum-dinger for sure.

Time for a popcorn refill
ea483400.gif

:rotf

Me thinks he decided it was time to post pics since someone saw it! :D

Again thanks for the stories and tour Bob! The marquee is quite impressive up close and am looking forward to seeing it all painted, mounted, lit and lettered. (y)

Thanks Prop Duster,

No Alclad, but some genuine silver based paint in the sockets!

Bob

:rotf

Me thinks he decided it was time to post pics since someone saw it! :D

Again thanks for the stories and tour Bob! The marquee is quite impressive up close and am looking forward to seeing it all painted, mounted, lit and lettered. (y)

Of course Paul, what else? :yipee

Bob

Back