• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Workshop/Marquee Finished. Updated Dec. 19th, 2017

A Dual Project Updated December 27th, 2016

Got most of the painting finished, at least the hardest part. I only have to supports to finish now, then the button tufted velvet bottom. Then, guess what? It will be ready to hang!

This is how it is looking so far. Note the plywood bottom. That will be covered with foam rubber, then dark red velvet and then button tufted!

00000_zpssyy2tr4c.jpg

As you can see, the marquee itself is all painted and weathered.

0000_zpsc4a2d6d5.jpg

Another angle.

000_zpsejnzbz3z.jpg

The opposite side.

00_zpsimkvrql1.jpg

And finally, this will give you an idea how it will look on the wall above the door.

0_zpsgwrsgnt1.jpg

Coming down to the finish line!

Bob

A Dual Project Updated December 31st, 2016

awesome looks great What you using for the letters? and are they changable

PS How many of you have now zoomed in to look at what kits Bob has there in the back? :rotf

Most excellent Bob!...unusual, very impressive :notworthy

:drinks

Luiz

PS How many of you have now zoomed in to look at what kits Bob has there in the back? :rotf
Trouble Maker. :smack [sub] .........I thought I was the only one[/sub] :huh:

Seriously:

Bob this is becoming another of your "instant classics". :v So cool, the freezer is calling it quits.

The freezer is calling it quits???? Never heard that one before! :yipee

Got a bit more finished. My daughter kids me all the time because I always underestimate everything I do. Come to think of it, I always have. Everything always looks easier to me than it actually turns out to be. I thought I was getting close, then I started to mount it to the wall above the door.

When I build things from scratch, I plan, plan, do some research, then plan again! No matter how much I plan, there seems to always be something I forget. Anyway, got a couple of measurements wrong for the supports and some other things, so, here's what I have done so far.

Got all the miniature lights installed, 400 of 'em!

000_zpsu8r6mmxh.jpg

00000_zpsc2uca0qv.jpg

00000_zpsc2uca0qv.jpg

Painted the supports and weathered them with the old raw umber wash. This is before blotting off the wash.

gg_zpsfz80qgxj.jpg

Nobody is as messy and sloppy as me when working. This is my raw umber palette and brush.

ggg_zps9ht3au2j.jpg

Here are both washed and blotted.

gggg_zps5zlbug6l.jpg

Then some additional painting. Still a lot more to do on these two.

g0_zps2tvrxsuz.jpg

Then, the maroon velvet bottom of the marquee with the button tufts. This wasn't nearly as easy as I thought it wold be.

00_zpsqo1vx18j.jpg

From the side.

0_zpsmrgwavb2.jpg

And, finally the supports, partially painted and the Marquee frame. Hopefully, when on the wall all these components will match!!

g0g_zpsq0hle1s1.jpg

Later!

Bob

A Dual Project Updated January 18th, 2017

Wowser you are getting soooooooooo close to beeing finished now (y)

Its so interesting to see you translate modeling techniques into these full size stuff :geek

No wonder there is so much snow in the East and Midwest! This is SO FREAKIN' COOL!!

I bow to the Master.... :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Wowser you are getting soooooooooo close to beeing finished now (y)

Its so interesting to see you translate modeling techniques into these full size stuff :geek

Thanks Dave,

I hope you're right! They may be interesting, but, I am really getting tired of this 1;1 scale stuff! I need to get back to the little guys!

Bob

Deep Freeze cool....:rotf

It's killer!

:popcorn

Thanks Son!

I need the support to get me through this one! :yipee

Thanks Terry!

No wonder there is so much snow in the East and Midwest! This is SO FREAKIN' COOL!!

I bow to the Master.... :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Thanks,

Wait till I'm finished and it is mounted! There have been a couple of times I have given serious thought to burning this damned thing! I thought it would be a piece of cake, nothing to it I told the wife! :idonno

Bob

Back