• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP Sherman Iwo Jima

Thank you all for the comments! I´m glad you are enjoying it
Got some time to work on this during the Holidays, so here are a few WIP pics.

Primered and ready for paint. I also test-fit the crew figures.In one of the pics you will see how the Jerry cans look in place:

iwo_007.jpg

iwo_008.jpg

Here is the model with a base coat of Tamiya OD + clear X22:

iwo_009.jpg

The OD is my own mix, you may feel it a bit greenish but it looks OK to me so I decided to go ahead

The model a few days later with the decals already in place and ready for another coat of clear X22:

iwo_010.jpg

iwo_011.jpg

Next step: wash with oils
See you soon!
Cheers,

Juliano

Hi Juliano.

Another very nice looking Sherman you have here. And don't worry about the color. It is great. There is afterall, no such thing as a "standard" olive drab once it gets about a week out of the factory. There is sooooo much that effects the final color and tone that it is very difficult to find two vehicles that have close to a match.

Gary B)

Looks great,
Like Gary says, no two vehicles ever look the same...
I think of armor as I would a kid. If there is mud, dirt, dust
or whatever, they will be in it and covered by it.
Keep up the great work.
Shawn

Hi,

Thank you guys for your comments, glad to know you are enjoying it.
I plan to start working on the weathering soon I will try to keep posting pics of it.
Cheers,

Juliano

Hi,

Time for some up dates, I hope you will enjoy it.
Here is the model after some oil washes and a light dry brush:

m4_iwo_013.jpg

m4_iwo_012.jpg

Also notice that I already painted the tracks (in place),tools,tow cable and the rubber tires.
After this I put the model aside for a few days to dry. Next I created some dust effects with the airbrush and Tamiya Buff, later I will add some pigments to make it look more realistic:

iwo_014.jpg

iwo_015.jpg

Any comments will be most wellcome!
Regards,

Juliano

Back