• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MBT-70

Added some thicker armor to the Custer. I used some Milliput for this.

IMG_1676.JPG

Nice job, looks good. (y) (y)

Since this one drew blood from this morning. Game is on. :eek:hyeah

I added welds to the turret with styrene rod soaked in liquid cement. I also removed the German style blow off panels and made new ones from styrene sheet. I added some extra armor to the gunners front of the turret with Milliput, then used thinned putty for the casting texture.

IMG_1688.JPG

IMG_1689.JPG

IMG_1690.JPG

IMG_1691.JPG

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1698.JPG

I needed to make the end deck more like the American version of the MBT-70. I first thought about cutting out the German style engine deck. Then this morning not being in the mood the figure out all the angles and trimming in the cut outI had already started. I decided to just skin over what was left of the kit. From there I worked on cutting out parts for some grills.

IMG_1687.JPG

IMG_1695.JPG

IMG_1700.JPG

When digging through the parts box I found a M47 storage box. I stripped the paint on it today

IMG_1692.JPG

Since this one drew blood from this morning. Game is on. :eek:hyeah

I added welds to the turret with styrene rod soaked in liquid cement. I also removed the German style blow off panels and made new ones from styrene sheet. I added some extra armor to the gunners front of the turret with Milliput, then used thinned putty for the casting texture.

IMG_1688.JPG

IMG_1689.JPG

IMG_1690.JPG

IMG_1691.JPG

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1698.JPG

I needed to make the end deck more like the American version of the MBT-70. I first thought about cutting out the German style engine deck. Then this morning not being in the mood the figure out all the angles and trimming in the cut outI had already started. I decided to just skin over what was left of the kit. From there I worked on cutting out parts for some grills.

IMG_1687.JPG

IMG_1695.JPG

IMG_1700.JPG

When digging through the parts box I found a M47 storage box. I stripped the paint on it today

IMG_1692.JPG

Go man go! :soldier

Not much done yesterday I have just run out of energy.

Worked on making some of the parts that are missing from the 20mm mount

IMG_1705.JPG

IMG_1705.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

Thanks for looking and comments

Such a neat subject. I remember building the 1/48 Aurora model in the 70’s. Shame Dragon blew it so badly. I will have to live vicariously through your build, if that is okay?

Back