• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Where can I find modern German military figures?

Ozzie Jo

As the subject titles says .... where can I find a maker and stockist of modern German military figures... 1/35 scale to be exact.
I was sure that Google would spit out at least one example for me but that is not to be the case.

WWII, no problems, but 70's and 80's is a different case.

Ultimately I wish to purchase a driver for my Trumpeter Faun but I will be happy with anything to show the scale of the truck and trailer, so even one standing and picking his nose will be fine.

Jo

Ozzy, let me check. I found a cpl companies that actually had modern german armor figures including drivers for the 1/35 RoG Unimog. I know Trumpeter is coming out with 2 sets of modern german figures. 1 set KSK and 1 set ISAF.

Here is a website that you might find very helpful. It has a lot of reference shots on the Franziska as well as the Elefant including the trailer. Under links you can find a boatload of manufacturer and some of them probably have some modern german figures. I think its here were I saw the the Unimog Drivers. Let me know if you need any more help and I can see what I can do.

http://www.panzer-modell.de/

Thanks Leopard2.I might have a look around and see if the Trumpeter sets are worth waiting for. I am not all that keen on their figures but I might not have a choice with the little I have been able to find myself.
The pics you have linked to are nice and I have used a couple to add a few more details here and there that the Eduard interior and exterior etch sets don't cover. Nothing huge as my skills don't stretch that far at the moment.

Hey Jo , I just checked , Dragon used to have kit number 3021 Modern German Paratroopers but they are out of production .
dragon_3021.jpg

I checked Hobby HQ in Melbourne HERE and they still have them in stock ! HOORAY !!!!

(They are also available in the Dragon Model HEER Huey Helicopter :)

Jenny :kiss:

Ok, I found the Figures. They are from Elite Modell from Germany and here is the link. If you need help translating just let me know...I speak German.

http://www.elitemodell.de/shop/category_8/Figuren.html?shop_param=cid%3D%26

Joe

joanne - peddinghaus has several modern german figures

http://www.peddinghaus-decals.de/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

the setback with peddinghaus is that his figures are hard to get in the meantime and when he has to make new ones it can take a considerable time until he delivers!

e.g. two sets/figures i ordered were shipped instantly, the third set took him more than four months and me getting cranky!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have a few more options to look at when I get some more time to sit down for a while.There is bound to be something worthwhile in the list you have given me.
Been thinking of getting my military helicopter mad Dad a kit to see if he can pick up a hobby before he retires so the included Dragon figs sound like a good start.

Hi there Jo.

I don't know sometimes why my memory decides to go on vacation, but it does. I saw this thread a week ago, and apparently my brain was on vacation at that time :blush: . These should be available from Trumpeter in the very near future.

First is a set for the ISAF Afghanistan. It shouldn't be that difficult to put their helmets on and paint them for Europe. Which means they could be used for just about anything. Certainly good enough to stand next to a Faun.
ModernGremanISAFInfantryAfghanistan.jpg

And they will also be coming out with a set of KSK Commandos
ModGermanKSKCommandos.jpg

I guess late is better than never. Anyways, I hope this can be of use to you when you make your decision.

Gary B)

Back