• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Westland Whirlwind

I'm thinking they charge extra for pre-broken parts. :tomato

The fix looks swell! (y)

Hey master

Looking Forward to your Progress. Show us some pics!

Cheers

Alex

Sorry partner . I have been meaning to show progress but I keep finding excuses :fencing to keep me from doing so.

I am trying to get to the point where I am ready to close it up > I am trying to give you a meaningful update :good:.

I do have pictures though. :cheer:

At least it is ready to go together tonight so, here's a couple of pix

whirly_cockpit_010a_28629.jpg

whirly_cockpit_010a_28129.jpg

Now, let's hope it squeezes in nicely tomorrow :unsure:

Cheers, Christian B)

Once you get this built, you'll be ready for this - 1/32 Whirlwind Mk. I

Cheers,
Rich

Not really . It might seam like I'm taking long enough, but no :S . Cheers, Christian B)

Actually what I want to see, is for thatteam in the UK to start rebuilding that one they have . So far its all blh blah blah

http://whirlwindfighter.blogspot.co.uk/

Well, let's go back to where I was before the disturbance in the field :frantic

I assembled the basic cockpit pieces and checked it for fit inside the fuselage and was surprised at how well it actually fit :woohoo:

whiry_fuselage_005a.jpg

whiry_fuselage_001a.jpg

whiry_fuselage_002a.jpg

That said, in my opinion , I decided that the fuselage ribs were way too flat, so I added some sprue to make it more believable .

whiry_fuselage_003a.jpg

Not previously mentioned is this lever that goes to the right of the seat . It is made of resin and I just did not like it and it was giving me issues with attaching it.

I decided to replace it with a couple lengths of tubing the pieces of brass and kept the handle . Now we have something that looks right and actually want to be installed.

whiry_fuselage_004a.jpg

Behind the head armor is the roll over structure which is also resin and was equally annoying .
Underneath it is the aircraft battery , to which I added some detail, including a hold down strap.

whiry_fuselage_006a.jpg

Some mixed Mr.sufacer primmer.

whiry_fuselage_007a.jpg

A light coat of RAF interior green.

whiry_fuselage_008a.jpg

The other detail colors were added.

whirly_cockpit_010a_28129.jpg

Sorry but I lost the picture of the instrument panel . It is comprise five layers of brass and clear pieces.
Messed it up the first go round and had to disassemble it and start back over .
It deserves it's own picture and I will add it latter if I can locate it.

Anyhow, for now .

whirly_cockpit_010a_28629.jpg

At this time the side consoles have been added and detailed.

Before going further , I added a shim to the tail wheel mount so the the tail will sit up a bit when the strut is in.

whirly_tail_004A.jpg

Ooops , it does not show in this picture . Just picture about .040 white stirene between the strut and the bulkhead :blush:

And now, comes the 20 MM cannons.... Lots of little parts but actually only the recoil springs and the barrels will be seen .

whirly_cannons_001a.jpg

And now, the tricky part of boring the right size holes for the installation. Not a lot of extra plastic left for an error margin.

whirly_cannons_002a.jpg

Now the pieces go back in the plastic bag till latter .

Hope this was not too boring but someone needed evidence :coolio

Now , I should be

Cheers, Christian
sleeping~0.gif

Very nice master! Excellent!

I wish I could spray things like you did... so much easier.

Nice Job on the guns. Indeed not much room for error. But you nailed it.

Cheers

Alex

The fuselage is buffed and ready to go .

windly_fuelge_004a.jpg

I drilled the proper size holes in the engines so i could mount the props in brass tubes

windly_eng__001a.jpg

The tubes are in place and the oil coolers are painted .

windly_fuselage_003a.jpg

Gluing the wings shut. :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back