• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Westland Whirlwind

:coolio Looks like you guys all got distracted by this as well . I think I'll let it ride a bit see if we have more guesses until I can post a real update .

No one has guessed quite correctly yet. The tape is no help but it all fits together right out of box :good:

Still have a bunch of real life events the next two weeks but I hope to accomplish something :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

Yeah Ki. Not really up on Japanese a/c so no clue what it could be. Thought Yak at first but scoop is there.
James

Yeah Ki. Not really up on Japanese a/c so no clue what it could be. Thought Yak at first but scoop is there.
James

Well , only the main pieces are together . all the bits and Bobs would make it easier .
I wanted to get an idea of the quality of the model .

I am very impressed by the quality of their new molding . Their old aircraft were pitiful :rotf

Cheers, C. B)

Hi all ! I had no intentions of dragging you guys into a guessing game or do a review of this bird.

However it just arrived and in my excitement , I had to look at it.

KI-61_II_Kai_001a.jpg

This is a KI-61-II Kay . It is a 1/72 new mold Aoshima kit and is just loaded with details . Amazing since their older kits were no more than toys.

It was the last of the last breed . More powerful engine a slightly longer fuselage and a bubble canopy.
Sort of a rare breed . In plastic as in real life . Not even sure it saw combat

KI-61_II_Kai_002a.jpg

KI-61_bubble_top~0.JPG

Very sleek machine if you like Jap fighters and only 13 $ in Japan :D

Cheers, Christian B)

For discussion purposes only

unnamed.jpg

unnamed.jpg

The face Chris makes when the gallery breaks.

urukhai.jpg

:D

Thank Mike ! I need to stop breaking the internet :blush:

HAHAHA quite true , but there was another photo of the bits and pieces that I made of metal because resin would never survive :rotf :rotf :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Holy cow, I managed to finish something .

whirly_done_001a.jpg

Will try to post more pictures latter . Need to clean this mess before I dare bring this back out of the cabinet :blush:

Cheers, Christian B)

There ya go... looks very good, Christian, looking forward to the 'beauty shots' later.

Ian.

Thanks Ian. I believe this is a record time to get to the other end of the world :woohoo:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back