• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Well, I Guess I'd Better Get Started!

I am liking this a lot :)

But I do hope that you use the Horses and Kitchen somewhere real soon as Id love to see that built and placed in a scene

:D

Wow, Mike where did you find that huge penny ? Way to go I think this is going to come out good !

Cheers, Christian B)

I heard Chuck had one of those huge pennies.

Really great work Mike, I don't understand how those tracks go together so well other than shear patience.

Well, since I had the big penny out, I thought I'd take a couple shots with the really big hand! :laugh:

IMG_3858.JPG

I don't know how the braille scale guys do it!!

IMG_3860.JPG

I only have today to model this week, so trying to get assembly completed for paint. The main tracks went together pretty easily, a testament to Tamiya's engineering!!

IMG_3861.JPG

IMG_3863.JPG

There are some additional small bits, but getting closer!

Hi Mike,

Is by any chance James visiting you? I mean, when you mention "big hands"... :D

You are going fast on this build! Optivisor all the way, huh! ;) Guess now you feel Chris' pain. :laugh: BTW, is that carrier "scale"? Was it really so small when compared to other AFVs of it's time? I know it's purpose was to move stuff (mainly ammo, right?) around, but... Gawd it's little! :eek:hmy:

Hoping to see some paint on it soon - guess that's the best part! :)

Cheers and thanks for sharing! B)
Fernao

Thank you, Randy! Your build gave me the street idea, thanks again!!

Hiya Fernao!! Thanks, I appreciate the kind words! No, those are my mitts you see, James is nowhere to be found!

This little kit has loads of parts, I've spent a good part of the day assembling, still have the stowage and tools to add. Here's where I'm calling it quits for today...

IMG_3864.JPG

I closed one of the hatches temporarily, just for fun.

IMG_3865.JPG

IMG_3866.JPG

IMG_3867.JPG

IMG_3868.JPG

Funny little vehicle, loads of fun to build. Comes with four figures, two crewmen and two standing soldiers, I'm planning to use them all, I think??? :idonno

Yo Mike, your little critter is looking good: look at them tracks sagging! :notworthy Now for the paint session... waiting anxiously!!! :eek:hyeah

Cheers! B)
Fernao

That is cute....does it eat on its own or do you still have to feed it?

No, seriously...that's coming along very well. Can't wait for the paint.

Joe

This project has been on the bench WAY too long! I had a bad case of the "gravity hands" today, so decided to paint some on this confounded beast! First try with the oils, I think it's too brown. Any suggestions???? :idonno

IMG_3984.JPG

IMG_3985.JPG

IMG_3986.JPG

IMG_3987.JPG

I'll let it dry a couple days and try another color over the brown. Off to the paint booth for the carrier!!

Looks mighty fine to me too, Mike: I've seen many of those in Europe and some had that same coloring/shading. No, really! :dude

I'm pretty curious about what you and the other participants of this GB will have to show at the end. :) It's a very interesting GB in my opinion. :eek:hyeah

Cheers and thanks for sharing! B)
Fernao

Thanks guys! Still going to add a lighter layer (I think??) but since I still have the dropsy, I am painting some of the other pieces.

IMG_3988.JPG

Man, the camera really shows the flaws!! Need loads of touch up!!

IMG_3990.JPG

Fresh from the paint booth! No washes or fading yet.

IMG_3991.JPG

IMG_3992.JPG

IMG_3993.JPG

Thoughts, suggestions, snickers?? (y)

How about a life preserver "SS Minnow"...no..been done.

That base rocks, I just wanted to say that. Figures are shaping up well.

Back