• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USS England

She's fitting out nicely. Stayed tuned to Modeller's Alliance, for developments, as they occur!!
6_Oct_2013_USS_England_6.JPG

Yes, I'm doing a full hull. I'm better since I started working. I had a nice long vacation!

With the main deck attached to the Hull, next come the fiddly bits. I didn't care for the clunky look of the torpedo launchers, so I punched out .160 discs from .010 evergreen, and carefully glued them on. See?!!
22_Oct_2013_USS_England_1.JPG

Working sure does slow down a feller's model making!

When doing a Ship model, usually, attaching the main deck comes before you do all the nice paintwork. This one has linkages that slave the missile launchers to the Terminal guidance radar heads, so even thought she was all trim & pretty....
26_Oct_2013_USS_England_1.JPG

To fill the Hull to Deck seams...........
26_Oct_2013_USS_England_2.JPG

I have to "Ugly Up" her deck again, and paint it back.
26_Oct_2013_USS_England_3.JPG

Not the most Modeler Friendly ship in my Fleet!
:bang head a little bit more.

Thanks Pup! U are quite correct, I say I'm "working on it" however, I find, I mostly play. It's fun to imagine the pitch,shudder & roll of a CG under way in a 15 foot sea.
:dance

(y) Had a bunch of deck fittings to paint gray..............
21_Dec_13_USS_England_1.JPG

The Captains Gig needed some white touch up, and the Terminal guidance radar dishes I resin cast needed a coat of primer.
21_Dec_13_USS_England_2.JPG

Despite how thrilled my Minion looks, U can readily see my radars need additional clean up. The Leahy class all had 4 radar antennas, and the Monogram kit comes with only 2. For the Show Circuit, the kit issues will do, but right b4 presentation, I'll fit the additional fore & aft radars.
21_Dec_13_USS_England_3.JPG

The gray coat came out ok. still some fine tuning to do to the fiddly bits. See!!
21_Dec_13_USS_England_4.JPG

Fill & sand deck edge joints, fore & aft.
22_Dec_13_USS_England_1.JPG

:bang head
22_Dec_13_USS_England_2.JPG

Errant N3N student pilot makes an unexpected landing
22_Dec_13_USS_England_3~0.JPG

The "Meenions" decidede it was time to prime Radars & other fittings.
IMG_0787.JPG

As Ranking officer, even though he's an Air Force puke, Col Olds came to inspect progress on USS England.
Asroc, one small boat, rear MACK assy' in place.
IMG_0788.JPG

Back