• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpy F4F-3 1/32 build

TrumpyF43.jpg
(y) (y) :D

I see you've been reading. :woohoo:

Put a few more bits together today. The Black instrument console is completely fabricated from PE and a bit of a pain :) The instructions tell you to cut off the wrong lugs from the instrument panel and seat bulkhead so mounting all this will be fun...
Having read through Moonpups thread i cant help thinking i am wasting time here as all this has been done and documented before but no matter.... We shall solider on regardless :)

TrumpyF44.jpg

Ah but you've learned from my mistakes. I didn't catch that about the wrong stuff being cut off. You're looking far better than I manged. :popcorn

Maybe someone will learn from my mistakes as well and produce a really good model :laugh:

Quick update

TrumpyF410.jpg

TrumpyF49.jpg

Some big bits of PE inside...

TrumpyF48.jpg

TrumpyF47.jpg

And this is about as much of the panels i will remove i think...

TrumpyF46.jpg

Those interior bits look very flattering when added to the plastic. Very impressive interior.

Cheers, Christian B)

The problem with opening up panels is you need then to add some detail and i don't know much about this aircraft !
It seems to me that most of the plumbing is attached to the superchargers and rear of engine and i cant get to those parts once fitted to the airframe to connect the added bits up to the bulkhead... so some artist licence is needed to make the whole lot look "busy"
TrumpyF411.jpg

TrumpyF412.jpg

As you can see, bare frame work is going to look a bit sad as it is :)

It's hard enough to do that on real planes ! Anyhow, If it doesn't have to fly it"s not that important.

Cheers, Christian B)

OK... I gotta start paying attention... this is very interesting and instructional...

BTW Does anyone have a pic of the Marlett in the Tan Azur coloring?

Back