• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter 8.8cm PAK-43 Waffentrager

Very very cool Mike. Watching with interest. Might be something I'll have to look at getting.
James

A thought occurred to me as I am building this kit, one should always read through the entire instruction sheet before starting to build. Step 18 has one sanding off the molded details from the side of the gun. :rotf
That would have been easier to do back on Step 12 when I could have actually gripped the piece! :bang head
Anyway, the molded plates look just fine. There's enough brass in this kit to sate me for the next year!

OK, today has been a wrestling match and I think it's a draw. :laugh: Calling it a day, but mocked up some progress.

The molded plates on each side of the gun need to be removed if you're using the PE gun shield, the shield won't slide over the plates! :pinch: So, I fired up the Dremel and ground them off. The brass plates fit right back on after installing the shield.

IMG_6128.JPG

All the parts used so far came out of the box, making the kit an excellent value!

IMG_6129.JPG

IMG_6130.JPG

IMG_6131.JPG

That's enough for today, time to head for der biergarten! :drinks

Yep, everything came from Trumpeter (except for that one small piece of styrene L angle under the ammo box). Considering it was om sale at Squadron too, it was a steal! Holding my breath on the tracks, though. :blink

Dear Mike.

...as I say , this is one of my favourites models...I´m watching this project with agreat interest...I just can say that your work is excelent on this one....GO Mike (y)

Best!

Luiz.

Thank you, my friends! Some of you may know I have been having trouble with my vision, I finally had refractive lens exchange surgery to correct the issues. As a result, my reading distance vision has been interrupted temporarily (I hope). The Waffentrager has been calling to me from the bench, but rest for the eyes is required. Hoping to get back at it soon, thanks for looking!

testpattern.gif

:drinks

Back