• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter 8.8cm PAK-43 Waffentrager

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Hello friends! This is a kit I've had my eye on for a long time and it finally made its way to the top of the stack. The idea for this one is a late war vehicle, gives me an excuse to try out those new AK Interactive German Late War Colors. Here's what I have after a couple days at the bench.

IMG_6104.JPG

The kit comes with several frets of PE, a turned aluminum barrel and individual link tracks.

IMG_6106.JPG

IMG_6107.JPG

The PE is heavy and well engraved, although the kit fenders had good detail as well. I took the plunge and fired up the Dremel to remove the kit fenders. The PE folded easily and I used CA to hold it together,

IMG_6108.JPG

IMG_6109.JPG

IMG_6110.JPG

IMG_6111.JPG

This is just a mock up for pictures, the upper hull is not glued in place yet. I am planning to build this one out of the box, although I might add a figure or two, not included in the kit. Stay tuned, this might get interesting. :laugh: :drinks

Thanks, Terry! It's been dark and cloudy here, so the pix are a little dark too. Gives me a good excuse to stay at the bench anyways. :laugh:

Thanks, Terry! It's been dark and cloudy here, so the pix are a little dark too. Gives me a good excuse to stay at the bench anyways. :laugh:

Yep good day for bench work. Looks like the kit has a lot of PE in it.

B)

Dear Mike.

...this model is one of my wishes...and really you are doing an excelent job...my congratulations!

Best!

Luiz.

Thank you, my friends! Randy, this was based on the 38d chassis from what I can tell. There are differing opinions on whether these actually saw service or were still in the prototype stage, but that leaves the field wide open for paint schemes. :laugh:

Today's progress was slow, there are quite a few parts to the gun mount and my eyes are still giving me issues. I will post some pictures later this evening. :drinks

Thank you, friends! I finally made it back to the bench and have almost completed the gun shield.

IMG_6123.JPG

The kit provides a plastic version or the brass, but note that not all the parts are this way. You will have to make the brass ammo bin and the brackets for attaching the bin or do like I did and scratch up a bracket. The instruction sheet really becomes confusing at Step 14, parts PE D-1 and PE D-2 seem to be reversed so use caution and work carefully to get things where they need to be.

IMG_6126.JPG

The gun goes together quite well, although we'll see if the arms line up where they should (gulp! :laugh: )

IMG_6125.JPG

Here's where I am right now.

IMG_6127.JPG

More to come, thanks for following along!

:drinks

The Pak 43 remains my favorite 'great 88',so ofcourse I will follow along,knowing you will do it justice.
looking good,Mike! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Maybe you'll get lucky and your job will move to another country. :hmmm

You better stock up on plastic :eek:hyeah

Tony lee :D

Back