• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The "Bigger Boat" you're going to need. 1/350 Orca

Having returned from tonight's Plastic Surgeon meeting with my People, the Model Mojo was flowing! I asked Tim Dike of Model Warships his opinion of the 1/350 Shark Hunter.

Tim says "Congrats, but a bigger boat does not mean a bigger scale. Technically you would have to scale up the shark too! and then I see that the Indy was commissioned on this day in 1932. Hmmmmm". I respect and admire Tim, his opinion and his ship modeling skills. How could I ignore such wisdom and sage advice?
The Club consensus was similar. SOOoooooo...........

My thought was "I made the Boat, and a lot of other daunting, dinky things, Why couldn't I womp up an appropriate Master for a scale Porker?" I made Him out of resin scraps from my Office garbage can. :bang head
h617d8d8.JPG

Those cheeky Clown Fish are on the run!!

What you see here is my initial, 2-piece molded, horrible, over-scale Great White shark casting and his smaller "In Progress" 1/350 scale Great White shark Master. Not having finished or molded Mr. Whitey 350, He'll come as a running change in the Movie-star Shark Hunter kit. He scales out at just a bit over 25 feet long.

Have no worries Jokesters! You'll still get a Clown fish!!

The Taxidermy man is going to have a heart attack when he sees what I bring him!

:rotf

he5d694e.JPG

"How many Sharks do you think there will be?" :idonno
"20 or so. YIKE!!" :frantic
The Clown Fish look on anxiously as Mr. Whitey begins his molding Process. Yes, I added claspers to the 350 Shark to make it a Male.

he5d694e.JPG

"How many Sharks do you think there will be?" :idonno
"20 or so. YIKE!!" :frantic
The Clown Fish look on anxiously as Mr. Whitey begins his molding Process. Yes, I added claspers to the 350 Shark to make it a Male.

Awsome! Do you know how often I have to explain what claspers are o people?

I do my best to make stuff no one else makes, HOWEVER! Izett has the Tamiya 1/350 figure set on his web-site!

https://www.1001modelkits.com/small-scale-soldiers/32527-tamiya-ta12622-crew-for-waships-x-144-figures-the-1-350-scale-crew-set-compliment-other-large-1-350-scale-warships-such-like-th.html

Feeling Froggy?! Diorama away, Baby!!

Chris,
Through all the years I have known you, you still amaze me.
I truly wish I had half of your talent and imagination.
It is my honor to be called your friend.
Thanks for the text on the new items on ebay, hope they sell well.
Cinda laughed her butt off at your ramblings.
Frank
:drinks :drinks

Holly Molly, Frank! :blush: Thank you for your kind sentiments! It is my privilege to be associated with such Men as these! :salute :snoopy
We Few. We Happy few. We Band of Modelers.

The Honor is Mine, Gen'l, Suh!
h5352f3e.jpg

FREEDOM!!!

I cast this mold using a gray tint to the resin. I can't see through the resin to tool-out the teeny bubbles, but the Gray parts look cool and highlight detail!

h1535d75.JPG

First Shark casting! :yipee
Everyone who has bought this kit from me gets one for Free!!
I poured a new "Porker-Only" mold tonight. I'm not gonna make any more Killer Whales. It takes much too much violence to prize the "Bringer of Death" from his mold and his dorsal fin is a joke!

Thank You!
If my meager efforts were an actual "Business", there would be pressure, stress, deadlines, expensive photo-etch frets, excuses, and Corporate Bullschtein.

I can't believe what resin 1/350 & 1/700 model kits sell for these days!

I vow to keep TLAR Models kits affordable and to keep making them until it stops being fun to do so!
I figure most experienced ship Modelers interested in my stuff have spare P/E parts to add what details they want.
Revenue from TLAR was supposed to drive the Honor Model purchases for presentation by the Sea N' Sky crew.
One day, perhaps. But it is not THIS Day. :rotf :idonno :silly:

More to come!

I wiped out the original mold for the 1/350 Orca. :facepalm :smack :bang head

I understand NO enterprise is without it's set backs.
Perhaps production will stop at the 9 kits I've made so far. I only need 2.
Deep Breath, :drinks Sigh. BFA!!

I'm getting a "Failed to upload file" message. I don't understand what to do about it.

Back