• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/350 USS Georgia SSGN-729 Ohio Class Submarine.

IMG_6462.JPG

With Mike's inspiration, I made the appropriate Georgia State Flag for the LT's Boomer. :eek:ldguy
It still need a bit of fine tuning, after the glue dries. The smallest one looked about right. I didn't want to upstage Ol' Glory. :salute USS Clamagore made a fine flag stand.

IMG_6488.JPG

I may be just a little bit obsessive about this Boat model. I'm still havin' a faaht with the monster seam/gap. :bang head :pp :idonno
Georgia MUST BE just so, for presentation to an Officer who served aboard Her! :salute :captain

Oh, still gaping :eek:hmy:

However in the background a Super Crusader still lurks :rotf

Maybe someday :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

IMG_6418.JPG

Brass antenna housing replacements, with antennas extended. I'm posing 2 of the missile tubes open, so Georgia needs these instruments extended.

Looking very nice Sir! I have the USS Florida kit, which looks to be pretty close to the same exact kit. Certainly suffers from the same issues. Mine is sitting in the box on the shelf of doom with a ton of putty on that seam! :bang head

Can you explain how you did those antennas?

Thanks
Mike

Matching_Hula_shirts_11-9-16.jpg

"I am very happy my Daddy came home! We got matching shirts, and went someplace Magical together." :yipee :woohoo: :dance

The after GPS antennas are tube brass, sized to slide inside one another. Drilled the vertical stabilizers,Attached with C/A gel glue. This model is sooo big for me, I kept breaking the OE plastic ones off! :bang head :facepalm
If I do another 1/350 Dragon submarine kit, SHE WILL BE A WATERLINE MODEL!!! :bat

Yes, friends, that is an Airwaves (?) 1/72 Vought Super Crusader vac-form kit lurking behind USS Georgia! Very astute! Her day is coming.

I continue to smuck and bend the after GPS antennas unabashedly. :facepalm :bang head
I have no excuse. :stinker She's a big Boat, even in this scale!

Got to tell you Chris . Anything like that around me never survives the build .

Aluminum and brass with occasional steel is the only way I can get there . :S

Cheers, Christian

Ps. Not sure how the Navy comes up with it's classes but if you went with Ohio anything, you would have to dredge lake Erie to get anywhere since average depth is only around 30 FT

I've devised a way of printing the non-PC Georgia state flag, and I'm trying to skull out the SC flag too. If you want my flag sheet, PM me , and I'll print it an drop it in the post! NO Charge!!

IMG_6574.JPG

It looks like the Horrible Hull seam is well and truly LICKED!! :bang head
"I see a Submarine, and I want to paint it Blaaaack" :frantic Just a wee divot on the BQQ-6 bow sonar dome!
:yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :drinks

Sweet job Rhino! Way to go! You beat that Bad Boy down and now this is looking evn more fantastic! Keep going man, you got this!

Man, she's a biggen! I did a 1/350 Los Angeles class a couple years ago, and thought it was a pretty decent size, then you say this one is 19". Had to pull up a comparison of the Ohio vs the Los Angeles class, and man that Ohio is almost 75% larger than the Los Angeles!

DSC02964_zps053d029f.jpg

Can't wait to see more progress on her!

And fwiw, the US sub featured in THFRO was the USS Dallas, a Los Angeles class fast attack sub.

B)

One ping only Mr Ryan.

(Have no idea if an Ohio class was in that movie)

Back