• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The "Bigger Boat" you're going to need. 1/350 Orca

h0e19f89.JPG

haa11327.JPG

Started paint on 1/350 Orca. I hope to have Her ready for KC this Saturday! :captain

h1502e45.JPG

Orca is getting Her winders. Tamiya clear Smoke over Old Testor's silver. She's coming along! I still have to womp up a 1/350 scale door to tie open.

h58369ca.JPG

Here is how to wrap little skinny pieces of stretched sprue around a known diameter to make the half-way scale looking rings for Sam Quint's shark look-out platform! :bang head
h1bc526b.JPG

Added the brace for the pulpit, and the boom for the winch. I'm not sure about the length of the boom yet. That looks about right! :rotf

Thanks for looking in! I had me a fine Model-Night this last evening!

So, there one thirty fith scale, who some might not think is 'that big', then there is one thirty fifty scale wich is twice the size you usualy like to play in....... :frantic
:java after a night of :drinks
:dance

This one is 1/350 scale. I play in bitty scales :drinks or not! I had some p/e life rings to make the look-out rings, but I didn't care for how flat they were. The double-tweezer-stretched-sprue-brush-on-pro-weld method makes pleasing looking rings in both 1/700 & 1/350 scales. Orca has been endlessly fun and satisfying to play with, in both scales!

hb69ace4.JPG

I've been working on my instructions. "The Bigger Boat You're Gonna Need" is coming along nicely! I'm hoping for instructions & Box art to ready to market by Thanksgiving.
YES! This Year!! :stinker

hc409a68.JPG

Contents of the Kit, finished! A wee tad of touch-up for the box art picture is neccessary, judging from what the camera's all-revealing eye shows. I did the resin Clown Fish with Boyd's Sunburst Orange, Tamiya Flat White acrylic, and a black fine-tipped Gundam marker!
:yipee
Instructions are almost ready too!

You know the thing about a Clownfish, Chief. He's got silly eyes, cartoon eyes, like Roger Rabbit's eyes. When he comes in on ya, he don' seem to be livin'. Sometimes the Clownfish goes away. Sometimes He wouldn’t go away. He tells that same old, horrible, campy joke, an' nen, (sigh) your eyes roll back in yer head, an you hear that awful groanin' and barfin', an nen, (sigh) Mr Clownie, he swims off without a care, like Will Farell on a Thursdie night, without any idea of what humor is. I’ll never go to a Comedy Club again.

Thanks Men. for looking in, and for all your encouragement!
:salute
:notworthy
:drinks

I spent the day unwell. Ears hurt, just a mite dizzy. While I was sitting down, I did box art, finished the instructions and printed EVERYTHING & packed 5 of the 1/350 "Bigger Boat" kits. They are numbered and autographed by all the TLAR crew! I would think over the Life of the mold I might make 20 or so kits. :idonno
hb28b94b.JPG

h59cc337.JPG

Contents!
The new kit debuts today on eBay! I haven't any idea what they'll sell for.
:yipee :rotf :yipee :rotf

Thanks for lookin' In!

Having returned from tonight's Plastic Surgeon meeting with my People, the Model Mojo was flowing! I asked Tim Dike of Model Warships his opinion of the 1/350 Shark Hunter.

Tim says "Congrats, but a bigger boat does not mean a bigger scale. Technically you would have to scale up the shark too! and then I see that the Indy was commissioned on this day in 1932. Hmmmmm". I respect and admire Tim, his opinion and his ship modeling skills. How could I ignore such wisdom and sage advice?
The Club consensus was similar. SOOoooooo...........

My thought was "I made the Boat, and a lot of other daunting, dinky things, Why couldn't I womp up an appropriate Master for a scale Porker?" I made Him out of resin scraps from my Office garbage can. :bang head
h617d8d8.JPG

Those cheeky Clown Fish are on the run!!

What you see here is my initial, 2-piece molded, horrible, over-scale Great White shark casting and his smaller "In Progress" 1/350 scale Great White shark Master. Not having finished or molded Mr. Whitey 350, He'll come as a running change in the Movie-star Shark Hunter kit. He scales out at just a bit over 25 feet long.

Have no worries Jokesters! You'll still get a Clown fish!!

Back