• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/350 USS Georgia SSGN-729 Ohio Class Submarine.

IMG_6584~0.JPG

I may have been just a tad optimistic about the Horrible Hull Seam. dabs of thin c/a glue and more fine wet sanding, :bang head The Starboard side looks dandy. After the model master flat black cures out, I' thinking a coat of future, and just get it done. Currently, there is small chance I'll be able to present this Boat. I'll do her up proud just the same.
IMG_6585.JPG

USS KILLER WHALE, perhaps? toothy (saul) mouth, angry eyes, resin dorsal fin? 1/48 P-40E decal sheet should do the trick! :bat :stinker :hmmm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ2hJezvd2I
A fine Model day regardless!

hc108340.JPG

h95fd704.JPG

I haven't given up on USS Georgia. If I can use a black Sharpie to reshape my 1/700 kits, why cain't I use one to find flaws in this HORRIBLE Dragon submarine model? :vmad :bang head :drinks :bang head :facepalm

You didn't think I'd give up on Lt. Hall's Boat didja? :salute
I had the fine line tip in the Aztek on "Spray to Black" morning here on the solid frozen Prairie.
So I went with it!

haaf66a4.JPG

Shooting panel lines first, then filling in the panels gave the effect of a tiny painter shooting a huge Vessel on USS Georgia's hull. subtle kinda mottled/shaded/dappled. I like it! :good:
It took an hour to spray this much of SSGN-729

hbcf13bf.JPG

Again, DO NOT buy this kit! Better just to shoot yourself in the foot, and build a Hobbyboss Sub model instead.
:smack :bang head :bat :gogo

I'm calling this a pleasing accident. Thanks Lou! :notworthy
your opinion means a lot to me! :salute :eek:ldguy :pilot

You didn't think I'd give up on Lt. Hall's Boat didja? :salute
I had the fine line tip in the Aztek on "Spray to Black" morning here on the solid frozen Prairie.
So I went with it!

haaf66a4.JPG

Shooting panel lines first, then filling in the panels gave the effect of a tiny painter shooting a huge Vessel on USS Georgia's hull. subtle kinda mottled/shaded/dappled. I like it! :good:
It took an hour to spray this much of SSGN-729

hbcf13bf.JPG

Again, DO NOT buy this kit! Better just to shoot yourself in the foot, and build a Hobbyboss Sub model instead.
:smack :bang head :bat :gogo

Git'er done!

hb636eed.JPG

Spraying flat black paint means EVERY flat black thing in "The Office".
I put some more flat black on USS Georgia this night.
I think I have the horrible Dragon 1/350 Sub on the run!

Thanks for your patience.
Thanks for looking in!

Back