• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 "The Deep" dive boat Corsair and St. David's Lighthouse

Rhino

Super Moderator
My entry for Micro Modelers Month. There isn't any box art or instructions for this TLAR Models kit yet. I just REALLY want to build one of my very own! All y'all get to watch!!
In my earlier childhood, Robert Shaw was one of my favorite UK actors. As Romer Treece in The Deep and as the obnoxious Captain Quint in JAWS. His character in The Battle of Britain was a portrayal of Adolf "Sailor" Malan, a South Efrikan RAF squadron leader.
Mr. Shaw starred with the Fo' weel Golden Hind Royal Navy sailing ship, as Red Ned Lynch in "The Swashbuckler" movie.
I digress. (as I do so often!)
So much of what I truly love to create could be considered "Micro". I think this gives me an unfair advantage.
Yes, I will build the lighthouse and keeper's house too.
Do try to keep up, won't you? Jolly Good!
IMG_E7748.JPG

I cant get over it, thats so f... small, are there any figures in that scale?
There are 1/700 Figures. They are photo-etched (also known jocularly as "PEE". A zoom club meeting joke.) Mike and I theorize that if I put Archer Fine Details decal rivets on the upper body, we could make 1/700 buxom bikini beauties.IMG_E7392.JPG

Bisset was a complete and total BABE!

This is neat stuff - Rhino once sent one of his boats to Bob and for scale I had a picture of it inside my wedding ring!

IMG_E7761.JPGIMG_E7763.JPG
Corsair coming together. I like the way the mold picked up the wood deck texture. Salvage/winch machinery coming right up!

Thanks for looking in!

Would 1:700 scale Jacqueline Bisset still be stacked? YES...:popcorn
Compared to what? In 1/700 scale? Really.
Look, I know, as modelers, some of us have never seen a Girl in real life. Now I have to try Mike's rivet idea to find out. MUTHERPUSSBUKKIT!
(I was gonna anyway.)

Kwitcherbitchen's Skipper is a mature, buxom, brunette that most often wears a dinky red bikini, tan lines and a sly grin. She is as beautiful as She is deadly. Do not trifle with her. The 90-foot off-shore boat doesn't display any wep's but that doesn't mean she is defenseless.
IMG_E7771.JPGIMG_E7772.JPGIMG_E7773.JPGIMG_E7775.JPG
Now I have a confession to make. This is not EXACTLY Corsair. Her winders are too big. Almost none of the action in The Deep was filmed in the pilothouse. Corsair had much shorter windows than Orca did in JAWS. I put Orca winders on Corsair. OOPS! Everything else about her seems almost pretty good.
That being said I took some liberties with Her masts and rigging. Marine radar, radio whip, stanchions. The SATCOM/GPS antenna is coming. The air tank/compressor winch/SCUBA tank bit wasn't in the movie either. I dreamt that up all by me onesie, just for the fun of it.

I'll let you guys know how the rivet boobs on PEE 1/700 figures project goes.

Thanks for playing along!

IMG_E7813.JPG
Painting Testor's PLA Flat Red. Just a little. Sure makes a pink mess out of every-dam-thing! I have a dedicated red-stained AZTEK nozzle. I did dishes to get my fingers back to normal (well, we were out of clean bowls too).
When it absolutely, positively, has to be no-shit RED, Testors is the way to go! I watched the movie again. Corsair is lellow from deck to waterline. Tradition and superstition gives me pause about painting a doughty vessel such as this Lellow. God's Truth.
Thanks for looking in!!

I really cant believe it, that is just tooooooooo small- looking great so. You know there is a guy out there who colud do some figures for you: Willard Wigan

2/3rd's of a lifetime ago, a club member named Rob built a 1/700 IJN Kaga, depicted underway on June 6th, 1942.
Kaga's Midway strike group had just returned from their mission. battle damaged Vals and Kates spotted forward. The pilots strolling across the flight deck, using their hands to tell the stories of their attack and narrow escape from the swift and deadly (!?!) USMC Brewster Buffalo fighters. It was absolutely outstanding! A few minutes later, I Imagine The US Navy SBD's arrived a few minutes after Rob's "snapshot in history" over Akagi, Soryu and Kaga then blew the livin' dogsnot out of all 3 Japanese carriers. They way he filled out and posed the teeny Jap pilots and crewman was AMAZING! I didn't work on a ship model for many years after that. Finally, the talented, methodical Rob moved away.

I will make my attempt at 1/700 figures. Female and male. Everyone seems VERY interested in 1/700 bikini girls. (Guys! They are TINY!) There is NO way on God's good, green Earth I will include them in the fargin' TLAR kit!

Lets see, 5" 2" X 12 = 62 /700 = 0.0885714285714286 inches tall. And a 36" bust would be...0.0514285714285714"

Yeah, not that impressive sounding...

Lets see, 5" 2" X 12 = 62 /700 = 0.0885714285714286 inches tall. And a 36" bust would be...0.0514285714285714"

Yeah, not that impressive sounding...

It's all relative, it would be impressive for a 0.0885714285714286 inches tall bloke...

Back