• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya T-55A

Great job Mike! Damaged rubber on the roadwheels is common problem on Soviet tanks. :ro:

All the best!
Dusan.

Mike,

Just so you know, you will an extra set of tracks for the T-62. They were longer tanks than the T-55. I found this out the hard way while building my Trumpeter T-62. I'm using the MK tracks, beautiful, but very fiddly to build.

Thank you, friends! It's been a long, long week back to work and no time for modeling. I got up this morning with the intention of hitting the bench hard, but seem to be feeling under the weather. :sick:

I have managed to struggle through this part of the scratch built fuel delivery system, still need to add the bolt heads on the connectors and PE handles on the tanks.

IMG_4879.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG

The fuel lines are 22 gauge copper wire and the fittings are 1/16th inch aluminum tubing. I'm not sure how much longer I can continue today, my eyes seem to be giving me trouble and the close work is making me queasy! :drinks

Thank you, guys! Damn, Chris wants a beer! :blink

So here's what the morning session produced, added bolt heads to the fittings. Somebody hand me that chopper!

IMG_4902.JPG

Cut bolt heads from Plastruct .030 styrene hex rod.

IMG_4903.JPG

I managed to get all 22 in place on the first try, without tweezer launch or feeding the carpet monster. :woohoo:

IMG_4904.JPG

IMG_4905.JPG

Continuing with the PE, I added the handles to the fuel tanks.

IMG_4907.JPG

I used blue tape to avoid feeding the carpet monster while cutting the handles from the fret.

IMG_4909.JPG

All the PE is attached with Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, excellent stuff!

IMG_4912.JPG

IMG_4911.JPG

Just finished up lunch and wanted to share some pix. :drinks I'll try to get some clearer pix this afternoon, the light was not good and apparently, I did not have enough coffee to produce clear pictures. :blush:

MIKE,

WOW !! This is good lookin' stuff ! Rock-On Dude ! I love th scratch building !!

You Da' Man !! Hey ... as long as WE're passin around Biers ..... Belly up to th Bar/Bier cooler ....

10.jpg

Keep it Rockin' MIKE !

Just when I though this Webb page was being dysfunctional again it finally opens !

Hey Mike that's an interesting idea for bolt heads. I would have grabbed my hole punch first . What do I know, I only build planes... :snoopy

The beer is Ron's fault. All that popcorn. Somehow a Rita would not quench the thirst.

I'm liking this build a lot ! :)

Cheers, Christian B)

A Heiniecooler! Nice! Yep, this is the stuff that really puts a hurt on my old eyes! Went to the eye doctor last week, new prescription is in order. :S Since I don't have a punch set, this is the next best thing and cheap too!
Have a Rita on me!

Rita_Heyworth.jpg

:drinks

The afternoon session did not produce as many results, but the degree of difficulty was greater! I think I have a cramp in my eye!

The hull sections are glued together and the Eduard PE exhaust was bent to shape.

IMG_4913.JPG

IMG_4914.JPG

The engine grilles fit very well and look quite good.

IMG_4915.JPG

I decided to add the PE mud flaps, so I broke out the Dremel and diamond wheel to remove the molded kit pieces.

IMG_4913.JPG

The removed part is beside the hull.

Now for the fun stuff! The tow hooks have a lever above them to keep the hook in place and Eduard supplies PE replacement parts. You have to bend two opposite angles on the parts, then work them over a piece of brass wire. Very small and nerve wracking!!

IMG_4916.JPG

IMG_4917.JPG

IMG_4918.JPG

That's it for today, I have to go stretch my eyeballs! :pinch: :pinch: :laugh:

:drinks

Back