• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya T-55A

Forgot the road wheels, stayed a little more conservative with them.

IMG_4962.JPG

Hey, I like it! Looks like you nailed it to me. When does the filtering start?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzPsdkTCufs

Hi Rembrandt! :laugh:

Don't worry too much on how it looks now,Mike!
It's like you sad,after some washes it will turn up great.As a matter of fact it is already great looking,and it will get EVEN better!

Greetings,Ron.

I like it. Will be interesting to watch how it changes with weathering and washing. Very niceMike (y) (y) (y) (y)
ames

Rembrandt! :laugh: :rotf More like Otis Campbell with an air brush!

Here's what a couple washes did, I sealed the tank with a couple coats of Games Workshop Purity Seal and then started with The Filter Green for Light Green.

IMG_4963.JPG

IMG_4965.JPG

Right away, it took that white edge off the Shine that was bugging me.

IMG_4966.JPG

I hit it with the blow dryer to force the filter dry so I could add another color, this time, Brown for Dark Green.

IMG_4967.JPG

IMG_4969.JPG

This added depth and brought out some of the texture.

IMG_4970.JPG

I'm going to let this dry for a bit, then I'll add some Grey for Bright Green in some areas. Feeling better about the colors already. :idonno

Hi Van Gogh![at this pace I will be soon running out of Dutch masters] :laugh:

Looks to me that it is just coming out fine!
Filters are best done in several layers. :)

Greetings,Ron.

I have a set like this but for German Yellow.Now I see how its doe, I might give it a whirl one day.

James

I have that set too, James. I used it on my Face It StuG IV. Try it, you'll like it. You guys are making me feel a lot better, I was really sweating that last light layer. If I had it to do again, I'd use the Shine more sparingly. Pin washes yet to come, still need to let it dry and get the markings on. :drinks

Thanks, all!! Just in case you got bored, found this for your edification.

There will be an update in the near future. Lotta action left in these keys! (y)

As promised, a brief update.

Using a page from Tony Lee's playbook, I dunked the tracks in Black 4 Tracks, then washed them with Burnt Sienna.

IMG_4989.JPG

IMG_4991.JPG

Then a another wash of Raw Umber.

IMG_4992.JPG

IMG_4993.JPG

I'm waiting on the Future to dry on the turret, in preparation for the pinwashes, more to come!

:drinks

Back