• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya T-55A

Spasiba, comrades! Here's what the afternoon session yielded. I sealed the turret and added some MIG Dark Wash to the recesses and panel lines.

IMG_4994.JPG

IMG_4995.JPG

IMG_4996.JPG

IMG_4997.JPG

IMG_4998.JPG

IMG_4999.JPG

Beginning to look grubby enough. :laugh: I also used some assorted pigments on the lower hull in preparation for the tracks, but that's another episode.

Do svidanya! (y) :drinks

I think you're just trying to empty out some space for the upcoming road trip :drinks

Looking pretty interesting. Can't wait for a flat coat so I can take my shades off. :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

BAM!!!! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!! Looking real good Mike. I just panel shading. It gives the model depth and more pleasing to the eye.

(y)

Time for a quick update, tracks on!!

IMG_5000.JPG

IMG_5001.JPG

IMG_5002.JPG

IMG_5003.JPG

IMG_5004.JPG

Still a ways to go with the weathering, need to flat coat things and add a little soil. :eek:hyeah

:drinks

Excellent work Mike as usual!!! :ro:
отличный танк!!! :laugh:

All the best!
Dusan.

Thank you, Dusan, Erik, Sherm, James and Terry! I'm still messing with details, here's the tow cables from Voyager Model.

IMG_5043.JPG

The copper braid bends easily and looks right.

IMG_5044.JPG

IMG_5045.JPG

I used the Tamiya ends for the center, that way, I only had to use one package of Voyager to make two cables!! More this weekend!!

:drinks

That copper does look good. So often these tow lines look too thick or frayed.

Really nice job Mike, I'm a likin' this! :popcorn

Thank you, guys! I am finally calling this one done! I "borrowed" the base from my KV-2 for photo purposes.

IMG_5125.JPG

IMG_5126.JPG

IMG_5127.JPG

IMG_5128.JPG

IMG_5129.JPG

IMG_5131.JPG

IMG_5130.JPG

IMG_5131.JPG

IMG_5132.JPG

Thanks for all the comments and for following along! :drinks

Back