• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya T-55A

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
As promised, my entry in Red Star Rising, Tamiya's T-55A. I plan to add some of the bits and pieces Tamiya did not include and will probably paint this one green (go figure). It looks typically Tamiya, hoping for a nice clean build so I can get to the paint and weathering.

IMG_4645.JPG

IMG_4646.JPG

IMG_4647.JPG

IMG_4648.JPG

Comments, suggestions, snide remarks always welcome!

Dasvidaniya

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,Thank you Mike!

Before I go to sleep I had a look at this one.....now I will get this nightmare of the Sovjets invading western-Europe again.
It's like a cold-war Deja-vu! :evil:

Looking forward to this build,tovarich! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Ron you didn't have Duck and Cover drills to make you feel safe and secure?

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lW4s7TETtJA

Safe and secure?Don't think so.Never had to do that drill though.
The problem was the supreme amount of sovjet forces so western-Europe could not be held without using
nuclear weapons,although 'the West'had the better conventional weapon systems.
While stationed in northern Germany with a Dutch army brigade,I wasn't so keen about being wiped-out by nuclear weapons.
That turtle in the video.... :rotf

Greetings,Ron.

This will be my next Russian builds so I will keeping track of this. Trumpeter makes track set for this that's not too high.

B)

Terry, I bought a set of Modelkasten tracks that work on T-54 and T-62 quite awhile back, I'll probably use them here. (y)

After a thorough cleaning of my shop, I located the Modelkasten tracks! I decided to order an Eduard PE set and a reference book, so a basic assembly is as much as I could do.

IMG_4668.JPG

IMG_4669.JPG

IMG_4670.JPG

IMG_4671.JPG

When the supplies arrive, I'll dig this back out. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
The supply requisition came through! Time to crank up on this one.

IMG_4875.JPG

I have not decided which set of tracks I'm going to use yet, the other set will go on my upcoming T-62.

:drinks

I decided to start the road wheels, my least favorite task of a build, to get it out of the way! Of course, I HAVE to damage them, just to be different!

IMG_4876.JPG

IMG_4877.JPG

I gouged them with my X-Acto, chewed them up with the Dremel and a burr and also used a triangle file.

IMG_4878.JPG

I shot one side with flat black as a base coat, will flip them over and paint the other side later this week.

:drinks

Back