• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya T-55A

popcorn_en_bier.jpg

Popcorn AND BEER!]....here you go,Christian] :laugh:

Superb work,Mike! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

It's coming along nicely Mike. Damn my eye's hurt now. :pinch:

B)

MIKE ,

Great Lookin stuff !! I'm not sure if you know .. but these Tanks spewed Grease & Oil like nobodies business !!

Here's a few Pix that I took up @ th Tank Farm in Nokesville,V.A.

DSC06718.JPG

DSC06706.JPG

DSC06711.JPG

DSC06712.JPG

DSC06716.JPG

DSC06708.JPG

:erik​

The afternoon session did not produce as many results, but the degree of difficulty was greater! I think I have a cramp in my eye!

The hull sections are glued together and the Eduard PE exhaust was bent to shape.

IMG_4913.JPG

IMG_4914.JPG

The engine grilles fit very well and look quite good.

IMG_4915.JPG

I decided to add the PE mud flaps, so I broke out the Dremel and diamond wheel to remove the molded kit pieces.

IMG_4913.JPG

The removed part is beside the hull.

Now for the fun stuff! The tow hooks have a lever above them to keep the hook in place and Eduard supplies PE replacement parts. You have to bend two opposite angles on the parts, then work them over a piece of brass wire. Very small and nerve wracking!!

IMG_4916.JPG

IMG_4917.JPG

IMG_4918.JPG

That's it for today, I have to go stretch my eyeballs! :pinch: :pinch: :laugh:

:drinks

(y)

Totally missed this one also!

Great pictures, Erik, just in time for my paint session, if I ever get to that stage! I spent all day yesterday with fiddly bits, didn't feel like I made any progress. This morning, things didn't seem any better. Some of the parts I attached with Apoxie Sculpt did not attach as advertised, so I reverted to the old stand by, CA! Here's where I am now...

IMG_4926.JPG

The barrel is from Barrel Depot, a very nice piece!

IMG_4927.JPG

IMG_4928.JPG

IMG_4929.JPG

IMG_4930.JPG

Guess I'm ready to prime and base coat, still looking at the track decision. I'm leaning toward using the Friuls, just because I'm sure how they will go on. Comments and suggestions always welcome!! :drinks

Mike things are looking great. Go Fruils all the way. Check out Pacific Coast Models online they have them for 34 bucks. In fact all their Fruils are 34 bucks.

B)

Thanks, Terry! I have a set already and a set of Modelkastens, have been batting it back and forth, but leaning toward the Friuls. (y)

Thanks, Terry! I have a set already and a set of Modelkastens, have been batting it back and forth, but leaning toward the Friuls. (y)

Mike I got the name wrong it's Pacific Coast Models if you need anymore.

Here's the link: http://www.pacmodels.com/

Great pictures, Erik, just in time for my paint session, if I ever get to that stage! I spent all day yesterday with fiddly bits, didn't feel like I made any progress. This morning, things didn't seem any better. Some of the parts I attached with Apoxie Sculpt did not attach as advertised, so I reverted to the old stand by, CA! Here's where I am now...

IMG_4926.JPG

The barrel is from Barrel Depot, a very nice piece!

IMG_4927.JPG

IMG_4928.JPG

IMG_4929.JPG

IMG_4930.JPG

Guess I'm ready to prime and base coat, still looking at the track decision. I'm leaning toward using the Friuls, just because I'm sure how they will go on. Comments and suggestions always welcome!! :drinks

:popcorn

Thank you to all for your positive comments, I really appreciate them! I have been working on the Friul tracks, the wire that came with the tracks is kind of soft and hard to work with, so I substituted some .020 brass wire for the track pins.

IMG_4931.JPG

I chased all the holes with a #76 bit and inserted the wire, clipping off the excess.

IMG_4932.JPG

The tank was given a light coat of Tamiya grey spray primer in preparation for the base coat.

IMG_4932.JPG

IMG_4934.JPG

IMG_4935.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

I am going to use the AK Interactive 4BO Russian Green Modulation set to finish this kit, getting ready to head for the garage!! :drinks

OK, so keep in mind I'm just a dumb ol' carpenter, not an arteest! :laugh: I purchased this modulation set from AK Interactive back around Christmas and am just now getting around to trying it. The set comes with eight bottles of paint, Grey Primer, Shadow, Dark Base, Base, Light Base, High Light, Shine and Satin Varnish. As I understand it, changes have been made to future sets, removing the primer and satin varnish, making future purchases less redundant. I took some step by step pix, still not sure I got it right, but the beauty of this is I can back up and try again!! :eek:hyeah

I started with Shadow.

IMG_4937.JPG

IMG_4938.JPG

IMG_4939.JPG

IMG_4940.JPG

Then on to the Dark Base.

IMG_4941.JPG

IMG_4942.JPG

IMG_4943.JPG

Next comes the Base.

IMG_4944.JPG

Then Light Base.

IMG_4946.JPG

This is where I thought it looked pretty good and would have normally stopped!

IMG_4946.JPG

But NOOOOOOOOO! I had to add the High Light!

IMG_4948.JPG

IMG_4949.JPG

And then the Shine!! :eek:hmy:

IMG_4951.JPG

IMG_4952.JPG

IMG_4953.JPG

IMG_4954.JPG

IMG_4957.JPG

IMG_4958.JPG

IMG_4960.JPG

What it's supposed to look like!

IMG_4955.JPG

:hmmm The jury is still out, not sure I like it even though I know it will tone down with filters and washes. Commentary would be much appreciated. :idonno :drinks

Back