• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Thanks guys.

The diorama base is a stand in base to take the photo's. Eventually will be used for an action diorama with an M24 chaffee.

I have been back rectifying the figure piping on the famo crew. All done now and moving forward with working on Famo highlights. Here are some progress images.

Michael

Thank you everyone for your words.

I am pushing forward to complete the model and take it to the Qld Model Hobby Expo on the 25th of August this year.
Direct link Here
https://qmhe.com/

The show has been running at this venue for a couple of years now and it's positioned in a good location and held at a nice time of the year.

The Famo and trailer will be on the competition table all weekend. The model was started somewhere around November 2013 and after 5 years blogging it on the internet I thought it would be good for everyone to come and see it close up and share their thoughts. :good:

Michael

Thanks Sharkman.
Apologies for the late reply.

Here is the latest update on the Tractor and trailer.

Both have been glued to the Board with white PVA glue and super glue.

some minor external parts to place around the tractor and trailer and the 5 year build is over :good:

VJZuf0j.jpg

Ot6vGCc.jpg

Michael

Thanks Bob

Apologies for the late reply. Head down into glueing the airline and electrical wires from the trailer to the tractor and with them both glued to the board it has been a challenge.
Including scratch building the spring loaded retention arms of the spare tyre door of the Famo :bang head

More close up images will be forthcoming. Some minor details like ramps, tyres and figures to go on the panzer 3. Spending an hour or so each night and plan to go hard on finishing this week end. :good:

Michael

Wow, thank you everyone for your words. :good: :drinks

Here are the images of of what I was talking about above. You can never have enough reference on the subject. I had to rummage through the reference books to try and locate the black and white image to show what has been done.

The spring retention is not too exact but it's close enough to give the viewer the idea. Not sure if it springs down or up. :unsure:
The nuts and bolts book Vol 12 Schwerer Zugkraftwagon does not cover this as they photographed a restored vehicle and the rear doors are missing.
The Tamiya Famo has the molded brackets on the bottom of the doors and to this date I have not seen it replicated in 35th scale.
Ig3ZCtQ.jpg

eiHKVod.jpg

Michael

Thanks Bob,

All the small items like locking pins, tailgate locks,ramps, tyres and holders are getting colated together for the final glueing session.
Then we move to the best part.
More weathering. :yipee :tomato :good: :frantic

Michael :drinks

Back