• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Thanks Guys for your comments.
It's a balancing act to get the diorama balanced and not overdone.
There may be some things omitted and there may be inclusions.

Peter,
Good news to hear our taking on the challenge, even without the trailer the Famo is a big build (y)

Bob,
You never know, if I can achieve the look of the diorama in scale and not overdone I will probably have a box built so it can travel.Peter mentioned next year for Melbourne Expo in June. It may well make the trip down there if I can get the right look. :hmmm
After some dwelling over the diorama here are the proposed items below. The diorama will have to be split into a separate build blog. There is way too much more in the diorama to keep in the Famo blog.
I think I took a page out of Bob's Logistics dio which has inspired me back to build diorama's (y)

Are you sitting down :eek:hmy: :blink :facepalm :pinch:

Michael

Mike, you're a man after my own heart!

You touched on a subject that I have discussed many times with Shep, Pruneau, Verlinden and many other diorama builders.

"When is a diorama finished"?

After all these years I can still look at mine and think, "If I had just done this or that or changed this, it would have been better"!

I believe that long after I'm gone, diorama builders will be struggling with that question. Is it underdone or is it overdone? It's one of those things that comes with the territory. I have seen beautiful dioramas that were probably overdone and I've see them with such a sparse setting, many would consider them underdone, yet they were still magnificent!

Hang in there! You're doing fine!

Bob

Thanks a lot Mike.

The famo build is near completion and my interest has moved toward building the Takom Tiger 2 Repair dio.

Will work between both of them to keep me interested. :v :good: :good:

Michael :cheer:

Hello again,

Back with a small update on the travel box for the Famo and trailer.

Now that the box and base are back I can commence with the final touches to the tank, trailer and Famo.

The end is near....

Michael

Hello again,

This build blog is finished.

The web host for wip images has ceased.

The completed build will be submitted to Modellers alliance at a later date.

Once I find a suitable web host other to store images.

Thank you everyone for your comments and viewing.

Michael

I gave up on P-bucket a long time ago. Have personal archives on everything that was on there but they weren't doing any kind of decent job hosting photos and had not worked well in years.

Sorry to see your in process pics go away Michael, will be looking forward to seeing your finished work posted.

Thanks Guys for your comments.
It's a balancing act to get the diorama balanced and not overdone.
There may be some things omitted and there may be inclusions.

Peter,
Good news to hear our taking on the challenge, even without the trailer the Famo is a big build (y)

Bob,
You never know, if I can achieve the look of the diorama in scale and not overdone I will probably have a box built so it can travel.Peter mentioned next year for Melbourne Expo in June. It may well make the trip down there if I can get the right look. :hmmm
After some dwelling over the diorama here are the proposed items below. The diorama will have to be split into a separate build blog. There is way too much more in the diorama to keep in the Famo blog.
I think I took a page out of Bob's Logistics dio which has inspired me back to build diorama's (y)

Are you sitting down :eek:hmy: :blink :facepalm :pinch:

Michael

Mike,

I just read this for the first time today. I'll tell you how crazy I am. I used to rent moving vans to transport the Winds of War, Logistics or Cocoon to model shows on the east coast and west coasts back in the day. At the very first World Expo held in Washington D.C., I rented trucks and took all three! A group of IPMSers from England even concocted a scheme to fly Legacies to a Manchester show back in the 1980s using the R.A.F. They never managed to pull it off! Big dioramas create logistical problems. It comes with the territory! :laugh:

Wow Bob,
That is extremely impressive for what you did. :good:

Once I sought out a image provider I will get some photo's back up of the finished vehicle.
Only have to weather the trailer famo and panzer 3 and glue it together on the board.trying to find the incentive to finish.

Michael

The photobucket images are slowly dissapearing and the new web server linked images are partly in place :salute

Michael :drinks :laugh: :cheer:

Back again with the next installment of wip on the Dragon Panzer 3
Still working on the weathering on the rear deck and scaling some areas back of being overweathered.
The images have been taken on the phone camera and don't come up as clear
Getting it all ready to be glued to the trailer, slow work but it's getting there. :soldier :soldier :good: :frantic

That's just awesome Mike, the depth of the vision ports is amazing. Well used and abused subject. :soldier

Back